Famous quotes from Might and Magic Games!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Famous quotes from Might and Magic Games!

Unread postby MadMax » 05 May 2009, 15:38

Please do not post any lousy quotes from Heroes 5 lol :)
Any good quotes you know simply put them here!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 May 2009, 17:40

"The job's yours if you want it."

"I don't see a crossbow in your hands, so I'll take it."

:)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 05 May 2009, 19:48

You could also tell us where the quotes comes from :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 May 2009, 20:11

You should be able to guess. :tongue:

It's from the H4 chaos campaign. Eight-fingers Oba gets the job as second-in-command after the one who originally wanted the job was killed (for being too ambitious) with a crossbow. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 05 May 2009, 20:41

Tarnum wrote:Vorr's appetite for destruction was incredible - perhaps greater even than a Demon's - and now he has attracted these Demons to my world.

I raised my sword above these forgotten warriors and swore, "As long as blood pumps through my body, I swear my world will not become like this one!"
Heh... wrong :P

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 05 May 2009, 23:15

"While Archibald was . . . not so good."

--Homm 2, Campaign Intro Narrator
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

BigThingWithHolesInIt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BigThingWithHolesInIt » 06 May 2009, 00:37

Quite fond of the little tales attached to finding certain artifacts. Does anyone know a site that lists these? Then I could quote to my heart's content.

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 06 May 2009, 00:37

Roland, campaign intro, while a village is burning in the background wrote:Congratulations! A splendid display of military acumen! With the financial backing of this rich farming region, we now have the gold it takes to win this war.
Roland, 1st scenario intro wrote:Therefore, it is with a heavy heart I must order you to compel the loyalty of the barons in this region by force of arms.
One thing playing through the Roland campaign did is convince me the only difference between Roland and Archibald was that Roland is a better propaganda artist.

Solmyr, Great Arcan campaign wrote:Know your enemy better than your husband.
Hmmm....I found that memorable at the time, but, at a second look, it's just the H4 writers paraphrasing "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 06 May 2009, 03:56

I always liked Archibald's final speech, where he gives Roland free reign over about 10 square inches of space in a tower somewhere. :D
Peace. Love. Penguin.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 06 May 2009, 16:36

Darmani wrote:
Roland, campaign intro, while a village is burning in the background wrote:Congratulations! A splendid display of military acumen! With the financial backing of this rich farming region, we now have the gold it takes to win this war.
Roland, 1st scenario intro wrote:Therefore, it is with a heavy heart I must order you to compel the loyalty of the barons in this region by force of arms.
One thing playing through the Roland campaign did is convince me the only difference between Roland and Archibald was that Roland is a better propaganda artist.
My favorites as well :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 May 2009, 06:35

Darmani wrote:
Solmyr, Great Arcan campaign wrote:Know your enemy better than your husband.
Hmmm....I found that memorable at the time, but, at a second look, it's just the H4 writers paraphrasing "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
REally? You sure he just wasn't trying to convince her to sleep with him?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 May 2009, 13:30

Kristo wrote:I always liked Archibald's final speech, where he gives Roland free reign over about 10 square inches of space in a tower somewhere. :D
Yes, he knows how to speak to people :D
Archibald wrote:Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest. But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower. You will be the ruler of a mighty empire, one who's every crack and crevice you will know. In ten minutes. Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.

I also like ending of Prive of Loyality:
The might of our vast empire is maintained throughout the ages, with the great wisdom of the Emperor to guide us and the strength of our noble heroes to protect us.

You claim that Viscount Kraeger - a former friend and compatriot of yours - did not act of his own will in this uprising, but was held under the magical influence of the necromancers. Be that as it may, he has been seen by the people of our lands to raise arms against the Empire. Such an act cannot go unpunished.

You may rejoice however, for the Emperor has chosen to grant you all lands and titles that Kraeger possessed, in return for your great service and obedience.

Such is the price of loyalty.

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 12 May 2009, 03:08

Archibald wrote:Well, Roland, it seems I've won our little contest. But don't worry. Not only have I decided to spare your life, but I am appointing you monarch of the Western Tower. You will be the ruler of a mighty empire, one who's every crack and crevice you will know. In ten minutes. Perhaps I will come and visit your splendid court, when you are not entertaining important rats and spiders.
Today, the IB English Paper 2 gave a prompt asking how authors use feelings of imprisonment to criticize society. I managed to use this quote.

Well, my memory of the quote was far from perfect, so I just said it was "I now proclaim you monarch of the West Tower. You will dine lavishly on crumbs and water, when not entertaining important rats."

I was sure to say the quote was from "The Succession Wars" rather than "Heroes of Might and Magic II," since there's some stigma on quoting video games.

navalsingh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby navalsingh » 13 May 2009, 20:48

"Angels watch over this town" - Human campaign , HoMM 3 - ROE. I liked this line a lot for some reason, basically your army was nothing but once you had the Angel from the towns, it became pretty cool

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 14 May 2009, 16:03

This is quite a long one, and it's all from memory...

"They came from the depths of the void.. An ancient enemy of an ancient people. No-one knows why they hate us so, or why they have made war upon us. (But*) some say the struggle against their evil is the Mandate of Heaven.
Though their origins and purpose are shrouded in mystery, their plan is simple... They travel. They land. And then they conquer.
Now, they are here on our world, to do to us as they have done to so many others. And they will do it... unless someone stops them."

"Look! I see a way out!"

"Falagar!"

"Come with me. You have much to learn before you can deal with the likes of those beings. Since the arrival of the devils, foul creatures and eeevil** spirits have appeared throughout the land.
These signs and omens can have but one meaning... That your destiny is part of the Mandate of Heaven."

* I'm not sure wether he says "but" yes or no. I always imagined he did, until I realised it makes no sence in the sentence structure.
** That's the way he pronounces it :D

Man.. the number of times I must've listened to that... The only other intro like that I can remember completely is the Fresh Prince tune (and then, only the part that was used in the show, not the whole track).

Edit: Oops, just noticed this is in the Heroes section. Um, does it matter?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 15 May 2009, 03:41

"No, no! BEFORE that lie!"

Archibald -- MM7
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Paviel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paviel » 19 Nov 2009, 13:25

I think you're mistaken. Just to give it some context...

Archibald: "What? Wait a minute. Go back."

Lieutenant Kaelic (Sp?): "You mean the part where I personally slew two elves with a single arrow?"

Archibald: "No, no! AFTER that lie! Tell me about the boxes!"

Another one that I liked, from Heroes 3:

"No matter which side you fight for, the other will perceive you as a traitor. Choose wisely. Choose the winning side. Your life depends on it."

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Nov 2009, 22:20

Sheltem the Dark wrote:CRON's ETA is several years, and WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW ANGRY THAT MAKES ME!

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 22 Nov 2009, 13:52

BigThingWithHolesInIt wrote:Quite fond of the little tales attached to finding certain artifacts. Does anyone know a site that lists these? Then I could quote to my heart's content.
There's the artifacts page from my Hubby's now neglected Homm 1 shrine
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 23 Nov 2009, 11:13

I don't quiet remember, but here goes
"My name is not important because history takes no notice of people like me. Lysander, however, is different. I have known since I first set eyes on him that he would change the world."
All I see is Blackness...
Oh, My hood is down... (Acolyte)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”