UFO - Extraterrestial

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Pol
Admin
Admin

UFO - Extraterrestial

Unread postby Pol » 22 Feb 2009, 11:22

Anyone is having experience with, to share?

I will buy it anyway but I would like to know more about it. To my liking it seems like the best successor of traditional "ufo series". Putting aside the Trilogy from Altair without a hitch.

Quite like the mods too :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 22 Feb 2009, 17:56

This game is soo boring.
I am playing it (I took long break right now) and it is very similar to X-COM but it also lacks of some basic X-COM games features:
- Money are only from shooting down (and looting - tactical missions) UFOs, manufacturing is for nothing (only equip squad and ships)
- No auto or aim fire in enemy turns and snap shots are ineffective
- Research tree is not so good - you can't research some things even if you have them (ex. plasma rifle) before you don't capture special alien
- Tactical missions are identical after a while - same terrian, nothing random
- As I said - it lacks of features from X-COM: Enemy Unknown (not mention TftD and Apocalypse)
- You can't hire and fire soldiers - you start with 10 and have max 20 of them (but on final missions you can only have 10)
- Soldiers can not died in missions
- Fortunately some mods fix most of these "features"

I am still playing this game so it is not so bad afterall (but it is boring anyway - I need long breaks to play futher).

EDIT:
Sorry for mistakes

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Feb 2009, 19:42

@Avonu
Thank You :D

It's pretty cheap so I will go for it nonethless, at worst it will end layed off like my edition of Baldur's Gate.

Tried this one? Or which ones do you consider to be the best?
(obsolete - look to the post below)
Last edited by Pol on 01 Mar 2009, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Mar 2009, 09:39

Donne metter, here's so much mods. Seems game is still well alive - Apart from fact that, that is all bmmod now.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Mar 2009, 11:30

ROFL :rofl:

And some normal screenies:

And more here and here 1 2

With a typical czech english... :D

I immensely hope that now, after two years the game would be better. As to the language, could/should be polished by now if not...!

To the contrary let it compare with it predecessor
1 2 and more of ufopedia related to all ufos. Somehow only first two are done. Apocalypse is not.
"We made it!"

7h30n
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby 7h30n » 05 Mar 2009, 17:42

I play the game ... But yes, X-Com was and is far better, so I have periods of playing one then the other game

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”