Shadow Dragon 3000 xp.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Zepdog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shadow Dragon 3000 xp.

Unread postby Zepdog » 10 Jan 2008, 06:19

Ever since I loaded ToTe onto my computer I have had bugs (or I should say rewrites) with certain factions. The Shadow Dragon is the only creature I can purchase, even after the upgraded structure is built. Besides having 3000xp for the dragon it also has around 250-350 dmg. and it can use magic (like the new upgrade). I also have a problem with the Haven town. The Archangel and the new angel are the only 2 angels avalible when the first structure is built. The even odder thing is that the Archangel (picture) is in the regular angels spot. So of the 3 hire boxes the middle box is blank (where the Archangel is suppose to be). One other thing I have noticed was the Sylvan heroes had to many Sylvan creatures. After 4 months with 1 town he had amassed over 100 Dragons, 250 Treants, 350 Unicorns, 400 Druids, 600 Archers... and so on. This is not including the other heroes he had on the map. The Dungeon and Haven factions I can play with (so can the computer) and get the bugs. The Sylvan seems to only work that way for the computer player. I haven't found if any other faction has had problems yet.

I was hoping that there was a patch out there for this problem and I could get it fixed. If not, then I don't know what to do. Can someone help ma please.

Thanks.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Shadow Dragon 3000 xp.

Unread postby Nelgirith » 10 Jan 2008, 09:17

Zepdog wrote:Besides having 3000xp for the dragon it also has around 250-350 dmg. and it can use magic (like the new upgrade).
Remove the map named Master of Disguise, it acts like a mod and it modifies several creatures.

Zepdog wrote:I also have a problem with the Haven town. The Archangel and the new angel are the only 2 angels avalible when the first structure is built. The even odder thing is that the Archangel (picture) is in the regular angels spot. So of the 3 hire boxes the middle box is blank (where the Archangel is suppose to be).
What map are you playing ? Some maps can have any of the upgrade disabled. On Zehir's 2nd campaign map for instance, the normal upgrades are disabled and you play only with the "red haven" units.

Zepdog wrote:One other thing I have noticed was the Sylvan heroes had to many Sylvan creatures. After 4 months with 1 town he had amassed over 100 Dragons, 250 Treants, 350 Unicorns, 400 Druids, 600 Archers... and so on. This is not including the other heroes he had on the map. The Dungeon and Haven factions I can play with (so can the computer) and get the bugs. The Sylvan seems to only work that way for the computer player. I haven't found if any other faction has had problems yet.
That's not a bug, the AI is cheating. Just lower the game difficulty.

Zepdog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zepdog » 10 Jan 2008, 18:01

First off, thank you for your help Nelgirith.

I removed Master of Disguise but it wasn't the problem. I went ahead and tried to check out the other maps that I had and found the problem. It was a map called 'The First Map'. I removed it and the Dragon problem was fixed.

As for the Haven town, I haven't tested it since, but, I will keep the map mod 'Master of Disguise' out of my maps folder to see if that may be the problem. The maps I was playing on that I noticed it was 'Heritage' and it was just a single map and single player. Of all the towns it was only the Haven town that had the 7th level automatically upgraded. This will take a while to test since I don't get to play too much lately.

As for the AI cheating, it was odd that only the Sylvan AI did it (but it was in the most difficult setting). When I took over the Sylvan town the weekly
regrowth numbers were normal. Even after one week it repopulated with the normal amount. So I'm not sure if it was the faction or one of the factions heroes that quadrupled (if not more) the amount of the regrowth for each week. Maybe the map mod 'Master of Disguise' has something to do with this problem also. So I will keep that map out of my files just in case.

I only had a chance to see all three problems in the map 'Heritage'. I used the map 'Warlords' to test the dragon issue and that is as far as I went so far. The dragon problem is fixed, but the other problems will take longer since I have to actually build the 7th level creature structure or give time for the AI to build up his army to find out if they are fixed.

Again, thanks for your help.

gornfr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gornfr » 10 Jan 2008, 22:00

Hello !

I'm playing H5 campaigns again (version 1.6) and have the same problem plus others : shadow or black dragons with 3000 hp... I'm in C5M5, but had the problem already in C5M3 ("In Defence")...
I've not put the map "Master of Disguise" either "Heritage" in my map folder...
I have 2 other bugs since patch 1.6 too : in the C5M5, there isn't the dark light on the map, and in combat mode the colors are really bright (I've taken screenshots but don't know how to post them).

The other bug (all maps) is that there are some fire on the map from places to places... That looks really odd !

Another bug is that some artifact's description is back in english, although I'm playing in french...

I think I'll try to re install the whole game and patches after finishing the fifth campaign...[/img]

Zepdog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zepdog » 11 Jan 2008, 01:37

Gornfr, The only thing I can tell you is that the dragon problem for me was the map called 'The First Map'. Remove that map (if you have it) and see if that helps. If you don't have this map in your maps folder (in ToTe maps folder) then take out all of your maps (from your maps folder) and put them on the desktop. Then 1 at a time put a map into the map folder and go and play a game to test it out. I personally used the 'Warlords' map to test it out since I can see if the fix worked in just 2 turns. When you play the 'Warlords' map just pick the Dungeon faction and follow the road to the high level creature dwelling down the road and then attack it. When you get into the fight just click on the dragon and see if his stats are normal or not. Repeat this step untill you see the change and then you will have the problem map.

P.S.: I think the 'Warlords' map is a HOF map so you should find it in the regular H5 maps folder. If you don't have it then you should get it to make it easier to test maps and because (IMO) it is great map. They should still have the map avalible on this web site.

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 11 Jan 2008, 06:47

The map Warlords is included with all H5 versions AFAIK, but in HOF it changed a bit compared to what was in H5 original. TotE version is mostly the same as HOF one.

gornfr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gornfr » 11 Jan 2008, 10:10

I found where the bug of the dragon came from, that was because of the map "FirstMap"...
I'll try the same method to eliminate the other bugs before re install :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”