Introducing Blood Work

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Comics

Unread postby Falsted » 13 Feb 2006, 21:56

LOL to the latest Cranky Hero!

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 13 Feb 2006, 22:28

Looks beautiful! :applause:
If only cranky hero was done in this style...
Happy Millenium!

alchemy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Comics

Unread postby alchemy » 13 Feb 2006, 22:30

VEry Nice!

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Comics

Unread postby Labyrinth » 13 Feb 2006, 22:35

CH#6: Funny :) :D
What the #$*! do we know?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Comics

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Feb 2006, 01:36

Heheheeeee... :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Comics

Unread postby Infiltrator » 14 Feb 2006, 01:56

Hahah nice one :)
Infiltrator out.

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Comics

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 14 Feb 2006, 16:27

I love Mr. Cranky Hero! :D Happy Valentine´s Day!

Ps. Looking good, good-looking mobile wallpapers @ Ubisoft shopping: http://mobile.ubi.com/gb/wallpapers.php?c=Might Unfortunately not free (for a poor student such as I am)..
Edited on Tue, Feb 14 2006, 09:30 by JoniJM
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein | Kiitos Lordi!

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Comics

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 14 Feb 2006, 17:09

Nice, but seriously, what does he have agaisnt Ubi-val? Ubi's far better than EA or MS, Ubi hs shown it actually listens to fans.

Maybe we should reward them for listening by bagging their competitors instead >:)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Feb 2006, 17:31

Ubi is better than the Devil. Yeah, that should be praised.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Feb 2006, 17:35

ThunderTitan wrote:Ubi is better than the Devil. Yeah, that should be praised.
It is?When did this happen?Tell me youre jokeing!Its not funny!!

Courtesy of dr.Zoidberg

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Comics

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Feb 2006, 18:07

Lord_Haart wrote:Nice, but seriously, what does he have agaisnt Ubi-val? Ubi's far better than EA or MS, Ubi hs shown it actually listens to fans.
Emphasis added for, well emphasis ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Morannon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Comics

Unread postby Morannon » 14 Feb 2006, 18:39

I can't really relate to the latest Cranky Hero. I'm not cranky about the way Nival runs things. And I love boobs.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Comics

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 14 Feb 2006, 18:48

Ubisoft, Nival, they're in the same boat.

What I mean is that game developers will have just cancelled their holiday plans to work on the game due to us, and will come across this and probably feel insulted or think less of the community.

Bagging Ubisoft or Nival about rushing out games, etc is kinda pointless when you look around and see the other publishers/developers who REALLY have screwed games over. Check out BFME2, for example - few innovations, shallow gameplay, meager graphics.

My respect goes to any company that actually gets over the bean-counting mentality and thinks about the QUALITY of their product, even if they do so mainly (but not only, really) with profit in mind.

That said, I love the cartoons :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Comics

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Feb 2006, 19:06

Lord_Haart wrote:Ubisoft, Nival, they're in the same boat.

What I mean is that game developers will have just cancelled their holiday plans to work on the game due to us, and will come across this and probably feel insulted or think less of the community.

Bagging Ubisoft or Nival about rushing out games, etc is kinda pointless when you look around and see the other publishers/developers who REALLY have screwed games over. Check out BFME2, for example - few innovations, shallow gameplay, meager graphics.

My respect goes to any company that actually gets over the bean-counting mentality and thinks about the QUALITY of their product, even if they do so mainly (but not only, really) with profit in mind.

:| :| :|

I wonder do I even have to comment the above statements?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Feb 2006, 19:14

Enlighten us please. :|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Feb 2006, 19:38

Sigh.If you wish:
Lord_Haart wrote:Ubisoft, Nival, they're in the same boat.
Why?Just because they work on one game series now doesnt put them in the same boat.(yet)
Lord_Haart wrote:
No,they canceled it because they screwed the game and need to "fine tune" it.And I never heard anything about them canceling their hollyday plans,anyway.
Lord_Haart wrote:
Bagging Ubisoft or Nival about rushing out games, etc is kinda pointless when you look around and see the other publishers/developers who REALLY have screwed games over.
So what?Your saying that because sonny screwed up with their protection software,every other company has the right to screw up as well?Or because columbia shutle exploded,every other space launch has the right to malfuncion as well?Or because of hitler,bush now has loose hands to wage war whenever he wants?
Lord_Haart wrote: Check out BFME2, for example - few innovations, shallow gameplay, meager graphics.
Toilet graphics,tracs,no FoW,no flaggings,etc.
Lord_Haart wrote:
:disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
Lord_Haart wrote:
Of course you do!They are brilliant! :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Comics

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Feb 2006, 15:21

Pondus!

http://pondus.net/

one of the best cartoons ever =D

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Comics

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 16 Feb 2006, 03:28

Fine. I resign myself to negativity and henceforth declare my hatred of all gaming companies. :|

Jeez, my point was more that I'd like to see some positivity from our community! All I've seen in the last month is a news ban, negative starforce press (deserved, maybe, but still negative), rants about DMoMM, and a flurry of anti-ubi cartoons. I understand that each of these may be justified -the news ban to delay release, starforce might be problematic (not for me though), little info has been released on DMoMM, and the cartoons by themselves are tongue-in-cheek and not to be taken too seriously.

My issue is that when you combine these, the atmosphere around the place seems quite negative and/or cynical. For a site that traditionally has been such a stauch supporter of the series, this is a shame. I know that it's been rubbing off on me, since it's the only HoMM site I use. :S

I can sum up in a simple verse:

"It's-a not so bad, It's a nice-a place, shuddup-in-your-face" :P

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Comics

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 Feb 2006, 03:38

We support the series and the community, not the companies that are making money off them. Surprisingly, the comics seem to have a soothing effect on its readers: maybe it's just a coincidence, but when the Starforce comic was released, a comic that feature a man smashing a computer monitor with a large hammer, the SF debate was put on hold for a while, and started again only last week. In any case, you are right in saying that the Cranky Hero comics should not be taken seriously.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Comics

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 16 Feb 2006, 15:21

Perhaps you're right, the cartoons do seem to provide an outlet for some community tension.

I still like Ubi-val though :P

Return to “Articles”