MM6 Full Story breakdown?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
HeroesIIftw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM6 Full Story breakdown?

Unread postby HeroesIIftw » 24 Sep 2007, 17:23

Is there anywhere I can find a good breakdown of the story from Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven?

All the major plot stuff that goes on, particularly the stuff that relates to Heroes of Might and Magic III. I've found good breakdowns of Heroes I and II, but MM6 is being a pain.

Maybe an avid M&M6 Player could spare some beefy info? It would be most appreciated. I'm trying to follow whats going on in the HoM&M series.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: MM6 Full Story breakdown?

Unread postby HodgePodge » 24 Sep 2007, 17:36

HeroesIIftw wrote:Is there anywhere I can find a good breakdown of the story from Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven?

All the major plot stuff that goes on, particularly the stuff that relates to Heroes of Might and Magic III. I've found good breakdowns of Heroes I and II, but MM6 is being a pain.

Maybe an avid M&M6 Player could spare some beefy info? It would be most appreciated. I'm trying to follow whats going on in the HoM&M series.
The Might & Magic History is quite complex … you can start your 'Might & Magic History Lesson' with this thread:

The History of Might & Magic

There are many other places to get additional information too, I'm sure there'll be other Might & Magic Fans who can point you in the right direction. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

HeroesIIftw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Wow, hp

Unread postby HeroesIIftw » 24 Sep 2007, 17:45

You are too fast, haha :P I never thought you'd actually see this post. I shall check these links out, thanks.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 24 Sep 2007, 18:13

I can provide an extensive backstory for now. If you like, I'll spill the main plot details within the game too, though I don't know if you want to spoil it all just yet.

Heroes of Might and Magic I told the story of the knight Morglin Ironfist's ascension to the throne of the continent of Enroth. Heroes of Might and Magic II continued this story around twenty-five years later. Morglin is dead, and his sons, the goodly Roland and the evil Archibald, are vying for control of the throne.

Archibald is aided by the Warlocks of Enroth and the Necromancers Guild, also maintaining a firm hand over the destructive Barbarians. He also gains the assistance of the Regnan Pirates, and tortures the 'Oracle of Enroth' in his mad attempts to take the throne. Archibald's mightiest general is Lord Corlagon (yes, really).

Roland is assisted by the Wizards of Mist, the Sorceresses of Noraston, the Knights of Enroth and other free races such as the Dwarves (led by King Rocklin). He eventually prevails over Archibald, ordering the Court Wizard, Tanir, to transform his power-crazed brother into a stone statue. Archibald is placed in the library of Ironfist, Enroth's capital, and Roland is crowned King.

Some years later, he marries a Princess from Erathia, Queen Catherine, and has a son named Nicolai. The story of Might and Magic VI opens almost a decade afterwards.

The Kreegans, a race of monstrous demonlike aliens from the depths of space, are waging a war with an arcane civilisation called the Ancients. In the opening video, they invade the world of Enroth, and, led by their King Xenofex, establish a foothold in the northwest. They subjugate humans to their will and fashion the demon-worshipping Temple of Baa.

Roland prepares to defend his land from these monsters. He amasses a large army and heads northwest, opposing the Kreegan invaders. Along with veterans from the Succession Wars including Sir Ragnar, Tanir and an Air Wizard named Sulman, the armies claim a few early victories. However, they are eventually overcome before even reaching Kreegan territory. His armies decimated, Roland is captured and sent off to the continent of Antagarich, and we won't be seeing him again until Might and Magic VII.

Meanwhile, four adventurers from Pleasant Valley (where the Kreegans landed) are tracked down by the Wizard, Falagar, and trained in the ways of war. Falagar guides them to New Sorpigal, a town in the southeast, where they happen upon the corpse of the Air Wizard, Sulman, killed by Goblins. It turns out that he was a Priest of Baa, and made sure that the Kreegans knew everything about Roland's location, which is why they were able to defeat his armies.

To add to the turmoil, Queen Catherine is called away with a fleet of veterans to attend the funeral of her father, King Nicolas Gryphonheart, away in Antagarich. With her gone, only the young Prince Nicolai and Regent Wilbur Humphrey are left to protect the throne. It is believed that the Ironfists may have lost the divine right to rule Enroth - the Mandate of Heaven.

And so the story starts.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

More Info

Unread postby HodgePodge » 24 Sep 2007, 18:14

HeroesIIftw wrote:You are too fast, haha :P I never thought you'd actually see this post. I shall check these links out, thanks.
Greetings, HeroesIIftw :wave: Even though the message below was sent to you in a private message, I thought it might also be helpful to others seeking information on Might & Magic.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but there are many members on these forums and other fourms who are much more knowledgeable about the History of Might & Magic and how it relates to the Heroes series. I am most knowledgeable about how to play, getting a good head start and where the 'Easter Eggs' are in Might & Magic 6-8

Keep your eye on the Might & Magic Fourm here at Celestial Heavens because you'll get lots of replies to your querries. Some of the Experts are:

arturchix
Avonu
Corlagon
DaveO
Justice
Kareeah Indaga
Marzhin

There are also many more MM experts who are not listed here.

You may also want to visit the site below. Even though it is primarily a Might & Magic 6-9 Tavern, there are many knowledgeable people who know the MM History like the back of their hand.

The Erathian Liberation Party (TELP's Taverns)

Good Luck & Have Fun! :-D
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Sep 2007, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: MM6 Full Story breakdown?

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Sep 2007, 18:36

HodgePodge wrote:The Might & Magic History is quite complex … you can start your 'Might & Magic History Lesson' with this thread:

The History of Might & Magic
See also these threads:
Geography of Enroth (someone should change it's name)
On the Subject of Tarnum

There are some information about MM6 - not too much but always something.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 24 Sep 2007, 23:31

Corlagon wrote:I can provide an extensive backstory for now. …
Ah Corlagon, I'll have to add your name to my list. :)
HodgePodge wrote:Keep your eye on the Might & Magic Fourm here at Celestial Heavens because you'll get lots of replies to your querries. Some of the Experts are:

arturchix
Avonu
Corlagon
DaveO
Justice
Kareeah Indaga
Marzhin

There are also many more MM experts who are not listed here.

HeroesIIftw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HeroesIIftw » 25 Sep 2007, 08:51

Thank you, everyone :)

I'm trying to get my hands on MM6, I lost my install disc somehow a really long time ago -.-. I played it after seeing a preview in Heroes II I believe, and I must admit I got completely slaughtered for the most part :P It was my first real 3-D RPG of sorts, so I guess thats expected~ is there any way to get mm6 short of sites like Amazon/Ebay etc? :P

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 25 Sep 2007, 10:28

M&M expert, hardly! I've only played and completed MM6 and MM7 perhaps one or two times, though MM8 perhaps at least half a dozen times. My only minor contributions have been some detailed and likely limited research and involvement with the Lord Brinne tribute. Both of those are of very little importance to me, and I have since done little to nothing to even begin to be considered as an expert of M&M. While I appreciate HodgePodge's vote of confidence, it has no justification in my opinion.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 25 Sep 2007, 15:11

Ah Corlagon, I'll have to add your name to my list.
Thanks HodgePodge! :D Though I know very little about the details of the first five Might and Magics, having never really played them - just the main plot.
Thank you, everyone
You're more than welcome. Ask if you want any more info.
M&M expert, hardly!
Anyone who takes time to help out and provide good, solid input to others is certainly worth a mention in my opinion. Perhaps not an expert per se, but definitely a great help.

Return to “Might and Magic”