MM6 on XP - too slow

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM6 on XP - too slow

Unread postby Kackelacka » 03 Sep 2007, 09:58

i have no problems for MM7 except some sound glitches that can be bearable.

For MM6, the movement speed of the party is damned slow. there is nothing that can be adjustable in options menu.

Also when the party moves so s l o w l y, veeery slowly, the party leans to left even i press FORWARD button (as if i press FORWARD-LEFT). when i press forward-left buttons the movement speed is increasing a bit but not enough for bloodshed :)

I know that Corlagon's estate and Snergle waiting for me, but my party is soooo tired for adventuring.

Any solution?

BTW, there is also no music which makes this game great, i hope the file i downloaded works.

TIA

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 03 Sep 2007, 13:22

Hold shift to make your party run, and remember to fly as much as possible. There's really no other way to speed up as far as I know.

InvisibleTerror
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mok's Patch

Unread postby InvisibleTerror » 03 Sep 2007, 15:45

You can (find and) download the Mok's Patch for MM6. It makes (amongst other things) you automatically run (without nasty Shifts).

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 03 Sep 2007, 17:14

Here is the link to Mok's MM6 Patch.

The patch allows your party to be in 'run mode' without holding down the Shift Key and takes care of other XP issues as well.

The sound problem can be managed by going into your Controls (hit Esc Key) and turning down the Sound Effects (not the voice volume).
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 03 Sep 2007, 17:43

If you have a decent computer, after applying the patch I found that I needed to select smooth turns to control my navigation. Choosing 16x or 32x resulted in to high a turn rate to control.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kackelacka » 05 Sep 2007, 05:23

thank you very much for your replies fellas!

i accidently hit CAPS LOCK during the game, it switches run-walk. but i still cant find a solution for music. i have an AMD3000(single-core) machine with x1600 radeon graphics card.

i will try to turn off the sound as you have suggested, whether it works or not, i will put a note here.

thanks again

Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kackelacka » 06 Sep 2007, 05:35

neither installing the Mok's patch nor turning off the sound didn't work. Still there is no music.

Any other fresh ideas?

TIA

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 06 Sep 2007, 12:35

Kackelacka wrote:neither installing the Mok's patch nor turning off the sound didn't work. Still there is no music.

Any other fresh ideas?

TIA
Go to Start->Run... and type DXDiag. When I moved the acceleration bar under Sound 1 and Sound 2 to the left, the sounds started working.

Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kackelacka » 07 Sep 2007, 08:08

10x Phobos i certainly will try

Kackelacka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kackelacka » 20 Sep 2007, 10:48

[quote="Phobos"]
Go to Start->Run... and type DXDiag. When I moved the acceleration bar under Sound 1 and Sound 2 to the left, the sounds started working.[/quote]

nothing works, i am soooo saaaaaad!!!

There is only one way left, fdisk hard disk and setup win98 on a partition....grrrrrr!!!!..i hate new technology...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 21 Sep 2007, 09:06

I had trouble with the sound to, that was because i had installed the extra graphics files. When i didn't install them and used the MOK patch it started working...

HeroesIIftw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HeroesIIftw » 28 Sep 2007, 23:37

Theres music? I can't hear music either :P

Return to “Might and Magic”