Tome of Dark Magic

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
GSte
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tome of Dark Magic

Unread postby GSte » 03 Sep 2007, 12:58

Hi,

I found this artifact when playing a hotseat game against my friend and it was absolutely awesome, but have not seen it since..... :(

Does anyone know which map this is on or how often it appers?

Thanks

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 03 Sep 2007, 13:13

As far as I know, the artifacts that appear on a map are random. I have found Tomes a few times on Subterranean (think that's how you spell it) Treasures, but in theory they can appear on any map.
Tomes are great, but for some reason the Light one doesn't have Teleport, which was annoying because with Expert it would've made seiging easier...
Does anyone know if you can get Mass Confusion from the Tome of Dark Magic if you have the relevant Master of ___?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Tome of Dark Magic

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 03 Sep 2007, 18:51

GSte wrote:Hi,

I found this artifact when playing a hotseat game against my friend and it was absolutely awesome, but have not seen it since..... :(

Does anyone know which map this is on or how often it appers?

Thanks
The Tomes are relics and were added by the HOF expansion. So any map that has locations such as Dragon Cities or random relic placement is a map that you can potentially get it on. If memory serves me, the recent map King's Quest (which I enjoyed a lot BTW) has all tomes placed on the map.

I *think* you do get the mass versions of spells if you have the appropriate abilities and gain the simple spell from the Tome. It would be easy enough to test in the editor.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 03 Sep 2007, 19:11

You don't get them... tested it some time ago

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 03 Sep 2007, 21:37

You don't get mass abilities (unless you've learned the spell previously) and the warlock doesn't get empowered spells.

Add in the fact that someimtes you don't have any mastery at all and the tome might not be that great.

A map I always get a tome on is disputed island.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 03 Sep 2007, 22:23

I imagine it's the same line of reasoning for not giving you the Mass spells when you get Arcane Omniscience. Pity about the lack of Empowered Spells though.
It's luck of the draw as to how useful they are. Sometimes you have the skill, or get the chance to learn it (but not very often).
@GOW My knowledge of places to get maps is almost non-existant. Where can I find King's Quest? I tried to use the CH search engine, but only the had the title so I couldn't find anything.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 03 Sep 2007, 22:23

Well, you still get blind, beserk, and puppetmaster. :)

Edit:
aaelgr wrote:Where can I find King's Quest? I tried to use the CH search engine, but only the had the title so I couldn't find anything.
It is here on CH. You missed it. :)

Click here.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Return to “Heroes V-VI”