About summoning magic:

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Magepunk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

About summoning magic:

Unread postby Magepunk » 20 Jun 2007, 07:51

Well, i just understood, that i've never actually used that.

Is that lvl 5 phoenix good?

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 20 Jun 2007, 10:07

Very good for Wizards who can do a trick or 2 with Summonig Magic ;) the rest depends.

Summoning can be effective, but it needs to be leveled to expert asap. Necromancers can use Summoning to a great extent, and I actually pick it quite often. Not only for Raise Dead, but it does become one heck of a spell :P.

Then there is Warlock... sadly for Dungeon - Destructive is just too effective to really use other schools other than supportive magic. It's not bad though. A Phoenix of a Warlock is an utterly frightning sight! Summoning can be a source of fun and effective combos. Like Deep Hydras + Arcane Armor + Armageddon. A Warlocks Irresistible magic works with summoning spells as well - like Wasp Swarm. A Guaranteed initiative reduction there. In combination with a Shadow Witches/Matriarchs spell slow, you can render a stack completely immobile.

Dirael can use Rain of Arrows + Wasp Swarm, thats about it. But Wall of Fog is great though!

PS. Don't underestimate Fire Trap, its one of the best spells on level 1!

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 20 Jun 2007, 10:54

Later in the game though the phoenix can die easily to charging paladins or other units and it dies instantly to pitlords or wraiths. Or cold death.
Better to exploit its power early when the enemy is still weak.
Note that arcane armor can make it a monster whose hp can be replenished with raise dead for a mere -20% hp reduction. It may become too hard to kill :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 20 Jun 2007, 11:31

Summon Phoenix is good early, as has been said. But my favorite summoning spells are wasp swarm and Phantom Forces. Both can be used with mark of the wizard. Fire trap is a great boon early against walkers when your summoning and sorcery is expert.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Jun 2007, 12:08

PS. Don't underestimate Fire Trap, its one of the best spells on level 1!
Oh I know, I love laying layers of those mines all over the battlefield. Poor walkers, though golems are the guys who often ruin my mine field plans :D :(

Magepunk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Magepunk » 20 Jun 2007, 12:21

Wasp swarm? WTF?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Jun 2007, 12:37

Yeah, tis actually quite useful, since it reduces initiative. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Its a weak offensive spell indeed but reducing intiative helps in dire times and if you dont have enough mana points for other spells.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”