Heroes V not installed?!?!?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
uncreative
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V not installed?!?!?

Unread postby uncreative » 18 Jan 2007, 23:36

I downloaded patch 1.4, but every time I try to run it, it says Heroes V is not installed....wtf? I bought and installed the game (It came from an EB in Wichita, KS; I must assume it is the US version). Now I can't patch it. I recently uninstalled HoF in order to patch HV to 1.4--is there some directory wacktardedness going on? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 18 Jan 2007, 23:56

you most likely have the european edition.

i live in northern alberta canada, and for some reason unknown to me, i have the european edition. and i bought the game at a local store, not online.

can someone explain how that happens? how does a european edition end up in northern america? i guess it has to do with the suppliers, but still seems odd that happens.

i think you can check your version on the box. though not sure how i found out what version i have it was long ago.

uncreative
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby uncreative » 19 Jan 2007, 00:39

that did 'er.

Thx

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 19 Jan 2007, 01:28

great, glad it worked

so i wonder...if everyone in north america got the european editions, did everyone in europe get the U.S. editions? :|

or maybe all the people in russia got the U.S edition... :D

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Jan 2007, 02:06

It happened before as well: people tried to patch a UK edition of Heroes IV with a US patch, and vice-versa. The funny thing is that the error message you got was the same as if you tried to apply the patch on a no-cd-cracked game, which caused lots of misunderstandings...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Jan 2007, 02:12

myythryyn wrote:can someone explain how that happens? how does a european edition end up in northern america?
Perhaps the fact that Canada is a member of the Commonwealth explains it? Perhaps it is cheaper to import games from England than from the U.S. or something...?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Jan 2007, 02:18

No, that's just bollocks. :D

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 19 Jan 2007, 08:52

Kalah wrote:Perhaps the fact that Canada is a member of the Commonwealth explains it? Perhaps it is cheaper to import games from England than from the U.S. or something...?
Or rather, that there are Canadians who have french as their native tongue, and there isn't seen to be any need for other languages than English on USA:ian editions. :creative:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DeejMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DeejMaster » 20 Jan 2007, 22:48

If I remember right, when you loaded up HMM5, it gave you the option of what language/version you wanted to load up. That is why there is an additional disc in the game pack.

Does the European version have 3 or 4 discs in the game pack?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 Jan 2007, 08:53

Mine has one - a dvd:)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Jan 2007, 11:12

Angelspit wrote:No, that's just bollocks. :D
I'm with AS on that one. :drama:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Heroes V-VI”