'The Promise': Crashing

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cosmicsynch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

'The Promise': Crashing

Unread postby cosmicsynch » 16 Jan 2007, 20:43

Okay, so...get all the way to the knight hero. Cap his ass. Then Veyer shows up, and I fight him. Only every time (and at different times in the game, at one point we were both almost down to dregs on units, and the other we'd only been fighting for about half that time) I crash to desktop.

ANy ideas? Is there something specific thatthe enemy AI might be trying to do that causes crashes in 1.4? Anyone else having this problem?

1.4 fixed the invisible boots of levitation from 'The Trap'...but now it appears to be maknig new problems... :P

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 17 Jan 2007, 22:32

Must be Veyer and his Gating...it's a bug in 1.4 (if you kill a gated stack, the game crashes to desktop).

AFAIK, it has no fix, so you'll need to downgrade to 1.3, wait for 1.5, or get the expansion pack.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Falstaff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Falstaff » 18 Jan 2007, 04:23

Killing the gated stacks crashes my game too. It kind of ruins that campaign & the use of gating in particular.

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 18 Jan 2007, 10:35

The gate crash bug is well-known in v1.4, and if you're playing the H5 campaigns, the only way currently is downpatch to v1.3. Getting the expansion pack wont help at this moment, as you still need to run the campaigns from H5 disc, which will be v1.4. Sorry dude ;)

cosmicsynch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cosmicsynch » 22 Jan 2007, 03:10

Hmm. Is there a post somewhere that will tell me how to downgrade to 1.3? And will I lose my campaign progress if I do so?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 22 Jan 2007, 03:47

No, you won't lose your progress, but you will have to restart your current scenario.

1) Uninstall Heroes, reinstall from scratch;
2) Download 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 (50 MB each) and apply them in order. Don't use auto-update as it will bring you to 1.4 again.

I just did it today and the game works fine (but I miss the paper doll).

cosmicsynch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cosmicsynch » 23 Jan 2007, 06:33

Hmm. If I'm reinstalling from scratch, how do I not lose my campaign progress? Is there a cookie that doesn't get wiped during uninstall that tells the game what scenarios I've successfully completed?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”