Mod for Heroes IV to make it Virtual Reality proof ?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
WhiteAvatar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mod for Heroes IV to make it Virtual Reality proof ?

Unread postby WhiteAvatar » 13 Dec 2006, 14:47

Hello, anybody interested to make a mod for Heroes IV
to enhance it with full Virtual Reality 3D / VRML experience ?

I think it is not so difficult
just hack the source code, dis-assemble, change, add, assemble, compile, etc
So, then when you would have Virtual R glasses or headset, then you would see Homm IV in virtual reality
I bet it would bust Heroes IV to the top, above Heroes V

Just an idea to insert some new energy in the fantastic Heroes III and IV programs.

Btw: I can program Visual Basic, and assembly.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Dec 2006, 16:54

Robot...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 13 Dec 2006, 19:30

Virtual reality... tell me an FAMOUS game that has that and then we can talk about a fan community making something like that ;|
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

beegee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby beegee » 15 Dec 2006, 13:33

LOL, just laughing. You haven't any experience of modding, but you said: "it's not too difficult".

Well, i'm thinking of making a real mod for H3. ( Not for H1/H2, because they are too old. Not for H4, because it got not many buyer. Not for H5, because it's too new.)
I've got great ideas. But there are several problems. First of all, you have to decompile the PE(.exe) file into nearly 100% C/C++-Code. I have experience with C++ and Assembly Language. Plus, i got information about the PE file system. In a few days, i will help the decompiling project "Boomerang". This program is on an early status, but i'm really interested in this thing. And at least you have to implement new things, change features,... to the game. Now over 2 years i'm developing with a game design programe called GameStudio. Actually I know how to build up 2D graphics, writing a AI,... But this all needs a lot of time.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 23 Dec 2006, 12:13

Why would someone want to play Heroes IV on VR? I can understand that some games like first person games could appreciate VR, beacause it would allow you to become the person, but Heroes IV is practically a board game to all intents and purposes, so there is only one angle of approach as it were, making playing Heroes IV in VR, rather pointless.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Return to “Heroes I-IV”