Will famous heroes come back in this game ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Merciless.Magal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Will famous heroes come back in this game ?

Unread postby Merciless.Magal » 18 Jan 2006, 13:08

Sorry if im asking something that has been discussed before, i know this is a new forum and maybe im the only one that doesnt know this already, but i have not find anything about it on the FAQ, so i needed to ask.

one thing that i really disliked about HOMM IV is that heroes lost their personality, you had Solmyr for example, but it was not the same as before, as any heroe could be made at your heart's desire with promotion. I really like Heroes III style better with different Heroes actually making a difference and having their own stuff, imho would be very cool if for example some heroes would have special spells that no one could research... maybe one special heroe for town etc... but thats just an idea and i know it is not so easy because of game balancing issues etc... but my question is, will famous heroes like sandro and solmyr be back on HOMM V ? and if so will they start wihtout anything speciall like in HOMM IV or will they have their owns specialties like chain lightning from start etc...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jan 2006, 14:02

Yes heroes will be unique again.All of them will have their own specialties.However,old heroes wont return.So we wont have cathrene,solmyr,sandro,etc again.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Jan 2006, 14:09

Well, UBI did ask their fans about who the most popluar heroes where- whether this means that some will return or something else hasn't been divulged though. Though I don't expect very many old names.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 18 Jan 2006, 14:20

I wonder, in an interview later on, they said no heroes would come back... :disagree:
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jan 2006, 14:20

Even if they do,they wont be the same heroes.Theyll have completely different biographies,and because of the class system,theyll have some different skills.

Merciless.Magal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

hmn...

Unread postby Merciless.Magal » 18 Jan 2006, 14:33

ok.. thnx for the answers... ill miss some of them, but it doesnt matter, ill learn to enjoy the new ones, i think the most important aspect is their being unique. Im glad enough B-)

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 18 Jan 2006, 22:41

My problem with the hero pool in HOMM3 was that there were certain heroes that you avoided like the plague. At least in other versions of the game you could get started with any hero, but in HOMM3 it meant that you you depending on a certain hero. I'd rather have you be able to take any hero and designate a specialty. That would allow everyone a chance to use the hero they like AND the specialty they like.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jan 2006, 22:51

Hmm... they should do like in H4 and let you modify the names of the heroes. That way Sandro, Crag, Gelu, Kastore and everyone else can still be in the game. :D
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 19 Jan 2006, 02:49

I wish old heroes would return...I mean, what's the world without Sandro? *sniff* Maybe once H5 is settled they'll do some prequel-type games, or have expansion campaigns or maps featuring our friends from Antagarich/Axeoth.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 19 Jan 2006, 03:30

Mutare Drake wrote:Maybe once H5 is settled they'll do some prequel-type games, or have expansion campaigns or maps featuring our friends from Antagarich/Axeoth.
I seriously doubt that's going to happen. Ubisoft seems fixed on the idea of making the Heroes series their own. In order to get the famous heroes back into the game it'll have to be done in user-made maps.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jan 2006, 07:08

gravyluvr wrote:My problem with the hero pool in HOMM3 was that there were certain heroes that you avoided like the plague. At least in other versions of the game you could get started with any hero, but in HOMM3 it meant that you you depending on a certain hero. I'd rather have you be able to take any hero and designate a specialty. That would allow everyone a chance to use the hero they like AND the specialty they like.
Seeing how all of the fractions are identical balanced right now,each heroe should be as useful as any other now.

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 20 Jan 2006, 03:31

@ Kristo - True, good point. Well, then they'd better give us a map/campaign editor, so we can resurrect old stories and characters.

@ gravyluvr and Daemian Lucifer - While the H3 hero pool was a bit unfair at times, it did add variety and challenge, I thought. But I'd rather have a bit less variety and keep the game more 'fair' in that one wouldn't receive an overwhelming advantage with one hero.

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 21 Jan 2006, 01:24

Man... it´s sad the good old heroes won´t be back, tehy´ll always be in my memory! I wish Straker, Thant, Ayslinn, Septienne, Moandor, Christian, Sandro, Gelare, Clavius, Rashka, Ignatius, Theodorus, Crag Hack, Yog, Solmyr, Jedditte, Alamar, Rion, Verdish, and many others were back, it would seem nostalgic, familiar, and nice, and everything...
In the other hand, the idea of changing the world and implementing totally new heroes might be a good idea, specially if their backgrounds were well made and consistent, with nice story, skills and development.
As for me, I´d really like to see an amalgam, a mixture of these two concepts, with both the heroes from the other installments, and new heroes.. but as it goes, that won´t happen, and we will have to do with the new, fresh world! That will be for the best, let´s say!
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 21 Jan 2006, 06:59

I liked the specialties. I just didn't like the fact that some heroes were "better" than others. I'd like to be able to pick my favorite hero but give them my favorite specialty. Not have a favorite hero BECAUSE of a specialty.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 09:05

gravyluvr wrote:I liked the specialties. I just didn't like the fact that some heroes were "better" than others. I'd like to be able to pick my favorite hero but give them my favorite specialty. Not have a favorite hero BECAUSE of a specialty.
That would be cool. And if you loose him then for the rest of the game he would keep the speciality.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Merciless.Magal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Merciless.Magal » 21 Jan 2006, 14:04

i think that was part of the fun in the game... was pretty cool when a new week started and you could get a special heroe... it makes the game more interesting and less predictable imho.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2006, 14:13

Merciless.Magal wrote:i think that was part of the fun in the game... was pretty cool when a new week started and you could get a special heroe... it makes the game more interesting and less predictable imho.
Yeah, but it was annoying that some heroes would always get chosen, and others never.

thanasis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thanasis » 22 Jan 2006, 13:40

I want my Ryland hero :( :( :(

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 22 Jan 2006, 14:17

gravyluvr wrote:I'd like to be able to pick my favorite hero but give them my favorite specialty.
A "make-your-own" hero option, kinda like the character creation for MM, would be fun I think. Just make it an OPTION, so no one's pulling crazy advantages in MP or anything.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 22 Jan 2006, 20:20

gravyluvr wrote:My problem with the hero pool in HOMM3 was that there were certain heroes that you avoided like the plague. At least in other versions of the game you could get started with any hero, but in HOMM3 it meant that you you depending on a certain hero. I'd rather have you be able to take any hero and designate a specialty. That would allow everyone a chance to use the hero they like AND the specialty they like.
The specialities shouldn't be as unbalanced as in HoMM III - Dungeon and Necropolis had uber heroes - resurection and Animatedead / necromancy speciality.
Grah!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”