Heroes 3 engine upgrade

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
nmi576
Lurker
Lurker

Heroes 3 engine upgrade

Unread postby nmi576 » 22 Nov 2006, 00:07

Hello!

I have a serious question, but I'm afraid, I know the answer pretty well. Is there any mod/update to Heroes 3, that makes the engine capable of more? I don't mean some 3D graphics engine (which doesn't exist at all), but more like a bigger resolution for example. I know, that it's capable of running on 1024*768, IF you set the color depth to 16bit (which you won't) - only by pressing F4. Anything else? Not that I have any problems with the graphics (it has a very nice and strong feeling to it), but e.g. a higher resolution would be welcome.
Oh, and anther thing. I've got the Heroes Chronicles as well, but the first part, the Warlords of the Wastelands won't work. All the other ones (e.g. the Conquest of the Underworld) work fine, but the WotW keeps crashing every time. The mouse cursor pops up for a second, but that's it. Crashes back to the desktop with an error message (saying that the .exe file is wrong, but it's original, it should work I think).
Could you give me any help please? Thank you! Cheers.

beegee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby beegee » 30 Nov 2006, 17:15

There exists no 3d engine for H3, but if it has one it would be completely impossible to change it. You can't change the resolution to 1024x768 it would be nice, but therefore you have to rework most of the 2d gfx-part of Heroes. And to get the source code in c++ is nearly impossible.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”