Winning Eleven

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Winning Eleven

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 23 Jun 2007, 01:14

Does anyone like these soccer/football games?

I have winning eleven 8 international and I use the wolf patch to have all the correct player names.

I love playing this game, I play on four stars and matches are fairly realistic with usually low scorelines.

I got started with winning eleven 6 that I played with some Japanese friends.

Good stuff.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Jun 2007, 15:55

I wonder why do you guys like soccer games? :)

I mean, a friend of mine has the last edition of Winning Eleven which I played with my national team, and tried some others I didn't recall exist. It was kind and such, but you don't control them much, there's this, what can I say, lack of moves, your goalkeeper seem auto-suficient. Dunno. :?

I don't like football either, but I feel much better when I'm playing it on the grass instead of a screen. :D The funny is that my friend likes playing on the screen because he's dreadful on the field - I'm dreadful too, but I try my best.

Is there a way to play the game with the corresponding realistic TIMING?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 25 Jun 2007, 23:56

I play football and I watch football on the TV and in stadiums when I can.

I like the game because it approximates tactics. Your talking about one-on-one stuff and the games don't do so well at that, though you can do 'special moves' but I don't bother with that stuff.

I like it because in my game Wayne Rooney plays differently from Jan Koller and I have to change my tactic because of that.

Magepunk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Magepunk » 26 Jun 2007, 09:51

I just play Football Manager 4 and feel happy about it! :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jun 2007, 14:19

PhoenixReborn wrote: I like it because in my game Wayne Rooney plays differently from Jan Koller and I have to change my tactic because of that.
I noticed some interesting stuff in that game features, like some players are not that good at shooting than others at same situation so, if you place them randomly, that's likely you'll be having a bad match ahead. :)

I know just a few special moves, by using the right analogic manche. What moves do you know? :-D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”