Having problems with heroes 3 complete

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kaltani
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Having problems with heroes 3 complete

Unread postby Kaltani » 03 Sep 2006, 05:59

Here is my problem. I install heroes 3 complete and everything goes wonderfully. It complains that I've got 2gigs of memory when it needs 32 MB and says that my version of direct X is not something it recognizes. Not suprising... Anyhow.

Once it's installed I click to go into the game. In the loading screen it says, "please insert heroes of might and magic III disk into the Cd-Rom tray and hit ok, then reset."

The Cd is in the tray. The install seems to have been fine. Is there something I'm missing here?

any help would be great,

Thanks,

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Having problems with heroes 3 complete

Unread postby Pitsu » 03 Sep 2006, 08:00

Kaltani wrote: The Cd is in the tray. The install seems to have been fine. Is there something I'm missing here?
IIRC the Complete has two disks, you probably still have the install disk in and need to switch to Play disk.

Khaelo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Khaelo » 03 Sep 2006, 21:24

Pitsu wrote: IIRC the Complete has two disks, you probably still have the install disk in and need to switch to Play disk.
Exactly. The Play disk is Disk 2. BTW, my H3 Complete had the exact same complaint about 2gigs of memory. :| What's up with that?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Sep 2006, 21:35

Khaelo wrote: BTW, my H3 Complete had the exact same complaint about 2gigs of memory. :| What's up with that?
It's probably over the max limit the program can recognize.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes I-IV”