Major trouble in second mission of undead campaign!!!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Peralta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Major trouble in second mission of undead campaign!!!

Unread postby Peralta » 28 Jun 2006, 20:04

A big noob needs major help

i start to clear the east part of the island. But i somehow dont think i use Markal correct, because i dont think his so great that all say he is, but once east is cleared and i get the wraiths i go and on thewest side of the isle and then the first enemy hero comes. I kill him without losin too much, but after a week, there comes another and his stronger, i kill him with great casulties and about a week after a third hero comes and destroy me.
Any suggestions?

P.S. i dont have the animate dead spell
double P.S. how do you use havens training ability?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 Jun 2006, 20:34

If you dont have raise dead,you better restart.It is esential for markal.This is how every big battle went with me:Mark of the necromancer,raise dead,raise dead,eaise dead,.....,win,raising skeleton archers.

You need to have training ground built in the haven town.Then on the left youll see a big button that says train units(or something like that),and you can upgrade your peasants into archers,archers into squires,squires into priests,priests into cavaliers(both basic and advanced unit train into basic units though).

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 28 Jun 2006, 20:55

Markal starts with Raise Dead, so he definatelly has it. Maybe you're in wrong section of your spell book, go to all of them or summoning magic.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 Jun 2006, 21:04

Odd. As far as I know, there should only be two heroes coming for you in that map. Anyway, one thing you could try is to clear the path to the ships as soon as you can, and then head straight for Lorekeep in the northeast. There you'll find several stacks of undeads to pick up. Or, you could try to lure the enemy heroes to attack you in your town.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

wolf8t8t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

This one was easy if you do it right

Unread postby wolf8t8t » 28 Jun 2006, 21:20

Forget necro forcesin the beginning.. Use haven! Altho I waited a little bit longer I had to attack the last castle with a necro softening force and then Markel with a huge haven force. As for the beginning of the map.... get the ore and wood. Build your castle and creatures and hold out. You should only have two heroes attack you and the rest ride around on boats the whole time. Once you held off the attacks build a force up and take over the necro town... build that one up and make a large network of heroes on boats to ship over extra haven forces. You are going to need them. I also ran a jobber hero around to get stronger for the softening force. I had that hero attack the final castle to: destroy the war machines and completely kill off a stack or two. Try to target someone annoying like the mages or the gremlins. Don't worry about draining the computer hero's mana. For me it never went down any! If you soften up the computer enough markel will waltz in there and clean up. Oh yeah one more thing.... trust me when I say this DO NOT LEVEL UP GODRIC!!! He will become quite a butthole later on...

zhuge
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby zhuge » 28 Jun 2006, 23:16

As with many maps you can avoid complications by playing speedily.
The way to the Shipyard was guarded by Colossus during my play. Wights and lots of Skel Archers would be needed to clear that which was my goal for the first several days. Harvest most stacks on the East end of the island and you do have access to Raise Dead which should keep casualties to a minimum.
Markal boarded a ship on day 5 but boarding a bit later should not matter too much I think. Sailed straight North and with Navigation managed to land in 1 day.

I also got another hero to board a boat to pick up Sea Chests/Flotsam and lure enemy ships away. I got 1 enemy hero to follow me all the way up North East. Was finally killed but the chests picked up along the way and the distraction provided was well worth the hero.

Meanwhile Godric should pick up Archers and whatever troops you get from the Haven Military Post (during my play, I got Priests) weekly.

I didn't really have much trouble from Orange as they didn't land until I was well into the 3rd week.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Jun 2006, 00:59

Gaidal Cain wrote:Odd. As far as I know, there should only be two heroes coming for you in that map.
I had four of them.Two in the samy day as well(hard difficulty,prepatched).

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Jun 2006, 08:57

Oh. Well, I had summon phoenix, so they weren't that big a problem (or wouldn't be, if they didn't all come with Expert Dark Magic for some damn reason.)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Peralta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peralta » 30 Jun 2006, 09:58

i defeated the ships now and took the the necro city as well, but the last orange hero is camping in his castle, it will take ages to gather a big haven force to weaken him before markel can kill up the rest

btw thx for telling me traning ability its great but expensive

Return to “Heroes V-VI”