Thinking of MM8 AND MM Merge challenge

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveO
Demon
Demon

Thinking of MM8 AND MM Merge challenge

Unread postby DaveO » 23 Mar 2024, 15:05

What do you folks think of a solo Minotaur run in MM8? And for Merge I'd like to attempt solo Paladin. Probably asking for trouble, but hey I'm a bit "bullish" and perhaps more stubborn than what Darwin would recommend.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Re: Thinking of MM8 AND MM Merge challenge

Unread postby DaveO » 23 Mar 2024, 15:59

I think Ranger fits my style a bit better then Paladin. I love nature and its quirks.

Tomsod
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Tomsod » 23 Mar 2024, 15:59

I think you can be a Minotaur Paladin in some versions of Merge?

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 23 Mar 2024, 20:39

Why not just go all-in on the joke and be a Minotaur Ranger?

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 23 Mar 2024, 21:46

Is Minotaur Ranger even possible?

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 23 Mar 2024, 21:51

To answer my own question, yes. However, it's all-or-nothing so Bolster 200% it is. I am so screwed.

Novi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Novi » 24 Mar 2024, 19:12

I've done solo minotaur in MM8, it was pretty fun! Just hope you get a paralysis/stone immunity for certain parts of the game (or avoid them/be very careful not to get hit).

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 25 Mar 2024, 04:28

But I am playing Ranger with Minotaur. So no healing unless it get a HP drain weapon. Merchant skill is gonna suck. I'll do both Axe and dual wield options. Might have a better chance on Bolster difficulty.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 30 Apr 2024, 04:25

What is Ranger bro?

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 02 May 2024, 12:34

It's an Antagarich class - essentially a hybrid of Knight and Druid, can be seen as the prototype of the Minotaur class in Jadame. Gets GM Axe and can learn pretty much every skill to some extent (except I don't think they can learn Plate?). The maxim "Jack of all trades, master of none" comes strongly to mind.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 03 May 2024, 09:05

raekuul wrote: 02 May 2024, 12:34 It's an Antagarich class - essentially a hybrid of Knight and Druid, can be seen as the prototype of the Minotaur class in Jadame. Gets GM Axe and can learn pretty much every skill to some extent (except I don't think they can learn Plate?). The maxim "Jack of all trades, master of none" comes strongly to mind.
Thanks bro, just wondering what is Minotaur Paladin and Ranger? Is that kind of class switch for MM8 and jump to MM7?

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 03 May 2024, 11:43

MMMerge gives you the option to mix and match races and classes at character creation, like how you could do for MM7. "Minotaur Paladin" is simply a character with the Minotaur Race and the Paladin class, like a Goblin Monk or an Elf Thief.

(Base MM8 has "Minotaur" as an actual class with its own masteries and everything; the joke with "Minotaur Ranger" is that they're basically the same class)

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 03 May 2024, 15:24

raekuul wrote: 03 May 2024, 11:43 MMMerge gives you the option to mix and match races and classes at character creation, like how you could do for MM7. "Minotaur Paladin" is simply a character with the Minotaur Race and the Paladin class, like a Goblin Monk or an Elf Thief.

(Base MM8 has "Minotaur" as an actual class with its own masteries and everything; the joke with "Minotaur Ranger" is that they're basically the same class)
Got you, I also have heard about class change, how does that work. Do you have any very good idea for best class/race, please share with us.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 03 May 2024, 18:30

I got a tiny bit into the game, but various other commitments with Wing Commander and X-Wing have sidelined this playthrough for now. I might get back into it around the Memorial Day holiday.

Return to “Might and Magic”