Kings Bounty - strategies and tips

Everything related to either original King's Bounty from NWC or to any of it's ascendants being developed by 1CEntertainment.
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Kings Bounty - strategies and tips

Unread postby Variol » 07 Nov 2012, 00:33

I'm fairly new to the game, so I thought I would ask what peoples favourite strategies are? Which of the 3 hero types do you like best? What units are best, depending on level? I know that the units are random though.

I'm currently playing Orcs on the march.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 Nov 2012, 06:49

Strategy №1 - avoid mobs and finish quests which you can finish without fighting;

№2 - try to lure mobs guarding maps for other islands away from them maps (sometimes it's impossible... or require A LOT of quick loads :D). The further you go (opening new islands) the more experience you'll get by doing "easy quests", this way you will raise your Leadership, so battles in early maps will become easier. If you go and for the Learning skill, you'll level up even faster in battles (here is the infamous Skill Wheel, you can use it to plan what you want to pick next, how many skill runes you'll need for it, etc.). I am doing this to save money from troops, so I can buy more skill runes later;

№3 - focus on "Treasure Hunter", "Dragon Slayer" (strongly recommend to kill at least one Dragon... there was one on this island... eeeh, forgot it's name. It's an early map and it has pirates on it (perhaps "the last" pirates map, some @sshole was luring you into a cave whit a single Dragon and some Dragon Flies)) and "Guardian Angel". They come useful;

№4 - find (and equip :D ) Dragons + some fancy spell (like Invisibility) and sweep the World;

№5 - don't learn all the spells in your spell book. Be picky or you'll run out of crystals when you most need them.

Well... these are my tactics. Some will say it sucks and it is boring, but I find it funny to wipe out HUGE armies with just few Dragons... in 20+ minutes long battles :D (20 to 40 turns or so).

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 07 Nov 2012, 09:41

Thanks parcaleste,
Do you like the Warrior, Paladin or Mage? Or does it matter very much?

Are there some common items which y'all like to equip?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 Nov 2012, 12:57

I guess Warrior was cool... used to like Paladin (because of the green runes = easier to get "Voice Of The Dragon"... and "Adrenaline", which is a killer) but the class I believe was crippled in Armored Princess, so... here you go.

If you like using your Dragon Spells more often go for Warrior.

Weapons are coming random so you'll have to arrange things up in the process.

I strongly recommend "Distortion Magic" (because of "Slow", "Invisibility" and many more), I think it's the most useful school along with "Chaos" (because of "Fear" and "Sacrifice") as well. Focus mostly on them, even though "Order" is having some useful choices too ("Cure" for example is kinda vital).

And pay attention to your medals. You are getting some really nice bonuses through them.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Nov 2012, 14:01

I like to start with a Paladin. Easy to boost leadership early game, and also cool to make him a caster :D!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Return to “King's Bounty”