Search found 51 matches

by Asjo
13 Dec 2006, 09:50
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Question about AI Quality
Replies: 234
Views: 43033

Jolly, by reading my post from which his reply originated you might be able to avoid that question.
by Asjo
12 Dec 2006, 18:39
Topic: Question about AI Quality
Replies: 234
Views: 43033

From my perspective, it's not about how hard the game is or whether the AI starts with more or less resources. It's about how interesting the game is. The problem with an AI cheating and playing like the one in Heroes V is that it lacks a lot of the aspects of playing the game and therefore makes le...
by Asjo
20 Jun 2006, 16:50
Topic: Diplomacy in H5 -- how does it work?
Replies: 22
Views: 13797

It was kind of overpowered earlier, which I liked. When you had a big army, it just kept getting bigger, and I was able to feed three or four other heroes with the units that my main hero with diplomacy picked up. I really liked that, even if it was obviously too easy if you got to that point. If yo...
by Asjo
14 Jun 2006, 13:45
Topic: Protecting Shooters...
Replies: 33
Views: 11336

And I believe the catapult was invulnerable in Heroes, while breakable in Heroes 4. So, that has been preserved as well.
by Asjo
14 Jun 2006, 13:35
Topic: Strategic AI + memory leaks: worrying stuff
Replies: 84
Views: 31514

I was in doubt about the town portal thing, actually, but didn't bother to check. I must have thought of another spell then. Still, I recall being pissed because the town portal to take you to a random town, instead of the nearest town as in Heroes 5. You might want to edit your post and remove the ...
by Asjo
14 Jun 2006, 13:30

ThunderTitan, I suppose you might be right that I am overdoing my general critizism of the gameplay and appeal of Heroes 4. I mean I played it a lot and I did like it and was greatly saddened that the AI ruined the game. My sentiments are triggered by people constantly saying "Nival ignored Her...
by Asjo
14 Jun 2006, 13:14

Happy to see that I somehow stirred a bit of debate, hoping at least to add a bit of nuance into the views offerend. Depends on the editor.If it stays like in HIII,then there will be a big problem,since the HIV editor was the best one so far. I don't really see any big problem here. Obviously, Nival...
by Asjo
14 Jun 2006, 12:39

Newbie means a beginner, someone who has only played the game for a short time. After a game series has existed for some time it normally happens that developers try to get a new group of customers added to the current ones by adding new appeals to the game. This creates a surge of new players that ...
by Asjo
14 Jun 2006, 12:02

Ethric, though I might have very clearly defined view on the Heroes games, I'm not saying those things in the name of arrogance. I'm simply defining what fits withing the spirit and gameplay of Heroes and what does not. I'm not defining right or wrong, but Heroes/something else. When I say the AI bu...
by Asjo
14 Jun 2006, 11:50

Ok, I'll try to be fair about your points, even if it's obvious that our priorities are much different. 1. Hero chain would only really be a problem in multiplayer. In single players, it's your own choice to use it or not, and the AI won't use it. In multiplayer, you could ban its use in tournaments...
by Asjo
14 Jun 2006, 10:45

Gaidal Cain, I think what makes the difference is the way you play the game and what you think of the genre. Some like the Heroes of Might and Magic series, while others like something else ... Heroes 4. It would be much easier for me to describe the difference in the football simulation series call...
by Asjo
14 Jun 2006, 09:15

Hey, it isn't fair to compare H4 with this piece of junk ! 1) H4 had at least some basic AI. 2) H4 was released with an editor and more than 16 maps. 3) H4 wasn't a H3 clone. 4) H4 needed no supercomputers to run decently on minimal detail. 5) H4 was at least userfriendly. These points seem a bit m...
by Asjo
13 Jun 2006, 23:04
Topic: Protecting Shooters...
Replies: 33
Views: 11336

It was also one of the first things I noticed when I fought. I thought "great, my shooters are sorrounded by defenders, no one can hit them" ... and they did. I'm not sure which idea is best, block or no block, but I have gotten used to the idea of no arrow blocking and it makes sense and ...
by Asjo
13 Jun 2006, 08:47
Topic: Is there a scuttle boat spell?
Replies: 15
Views: 7168

Oh ... I seemed to recall it did :o
by Asjo
13 Jun 2006, 08:43
Topic: List of AI flaws so far
Replies: 12
Views: 3900

"unless I'm wrong and the call lightning is NOT supposed to effect the ballista" ... forgot a wee word in there :p
by Asjo
13 Jun 2006, 08:41
Topic: Is there a scuttle boat spell?
Replies: 15
Views: 7168

Psychobabble, it would still be a problems seeing as it would take at least one turn to move from one boat to another.
by Asjo
13 Jun 2006, 08:35

When AI uses area of effect on its own units it could be said to be a bug, because it doesn't act wrongly on precise information, but is told that the area of effect spell is a single-unit damage spell. Still, the behaviour of the AI is wrong, so it is listed as a flaw. However, juventas, in your ex...
by Asjo
12 Jun 2006, 16:22
Topic: Serious question for those who play Single Player
Replies: 48
Views: 13663

Gandal cain, I'm very surprised to hear that. On normal difficulty the AI is supposed to play as well as it can (no point on not having it do that), but start on level terms with the human player (where it starts with more in higher difficulties).
by Asjo
12 Jun 2006, 08:45

Once again, I would classify what Phobos mentions as a bug, but it seems that it has been fixed as the only thing mentioned in here.
by Asjo
12 Jun 2006, 08:41
Topic: Serious question for those who play Single Player
Replies: 48
Views: 13663

Yup, it's a special rule you can add that you have to eliminate every hero as well . . .

Go to advanced search