Search found 90 matches

by BigThingWithHolesInIt
22 Nov 2011, 00:45
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: [Heroes 3] Which spells are completely useless?
Replies: 22
Views: 38196

Well the Quicksand pic was impressive :oex: But I gotta say, just because you can conjure up a situation where a spell would do something useful, doesn't mean it is altogether usable. Some of your suggested tactics seem to assume the opposing hero doesn't cast any spells at all... Hypnotize, even at...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
21 Nov 2011, 18:40
Topic: [Heroes 3] Which spells are completely useless?
Replies: 22
Views: 38196

Death Ripple, Animate Dead and Destroy Undead are presumably on the list because Necropolis is not going to be available? Otherwise I would object to at least the former two being on the list. Counterstrike isn't brilliant or anything but there certainly are situations where especially the Expert ve...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
19 Nov 2011, 17:18
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 36956

I went with Rampart. Rangers are awesome, and once you get the hang of using the Dwarves and Dendroids properly, it's really hard to outlast them... especially if they pick up Resurrection which seems to show up in the guild for them a lot. Castle and Dungeon have better line-ups, and Castle is real...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
20 Sep 2009, 13:04
Topic: Genie Evolution
Replies: 55
Views: 34275

H1 - Cute
H2 - Muscular hence badass (vote)
H3 reg - Not bad
H3 upg - Nice jacket
H4 - Unremarkable
H5 both - Like many in this game, silly grotesque
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
11 Jun 2009, 18:56
Topic: Heroes strategies, lets start with the basics!
Replies: 38
Views: 10575

I don't understand why you'd want to play this game following one single set-in-stone strategy all the time. That's what platform games are for.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
06 May 2009, 01:07
Topic: Heroes III: how would you rank the towns?
Replies: 87
Views: 129669

Conflux is ridiculous, they have so many huge advantages: nearly infallable early-game team, quick access to all magic schools, doubled lv7 output, all the spells in the game with the grail structure... So then Castle is very powerful offensively, but lack defense against a good spellcaster. This wi...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
06 May 2009, 00:37
Topic: Famous quotes from Might and Magic Games!
Replies: 26
Views: 12253

Quite fond of the little tales attached to finding certain artifacts. Does anyone know a site that lists these? Then I could quote to my heart's content.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
01 Mar 2009, 22:45
Topic: Haven Revolution
Replies: 55
Views: 25373

H2. It's cosy.
H1 seems oddly proportioned. H3 - I really dislike the Castle music and it makes me dislike the town outlook as well. H4 looks uninhabited. H5 is as pompous as the whole game.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
23 Feb 2009, 21:17
Topic: Favorite Creature (not an evolution poll)
Replies: 53
Views: 20989

H3 Minotaur King! When I was younger I wanted to be like one. And now I am!
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
21 Jul 2008, 16:31
Topic: Best way to obtain H3:SoD
Replies: 13
Views: 5001

You mean Jack Sparrow?
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
11 Jul 2008, 20:06
Topic: Heroes 3: How does the creature bonus actually work?
Replies: 14
Views: 14807

I can't help but wonder how many people knew about this? It embarrasses me a bit to say I did not. After it's recently been brought to my attention how the skill bonuses through specialization work, this is another bummer. I guess the +1 speed is the main attraction then. Ironically that doesn't req...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
30 Jun 2008, 00:25
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Overlord
Replies: 15
Views: 14668

Yea definitely Gunnar and he has been so from the start, though Dace is a favorite as well - Minotaurs are probably my favorite unit in the game (but picking Gunnar honors that sufficiently). Shakti and Damacon are superb too. Ajit is interesting, though I don't think Leadership is all that great. L...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
30 Jun 2008, 00:03
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Warlock
Replies: 15
Views: 14352

I voted Alamar, the Resurrection-kit (Jeddite seems to just want to justify that he knows it :)). The only other Warlock I might consider main hero material is Jaegar since Warlocks focus more on Power than Knowledge. Mysticism sucks as a sole secondary, but the special makes it quite good IMO. Deem...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
27 Jun 2008, 20:02
Topic: ROFL@THIS
Replies: 10
Views: 5067

Well, when it's done I'll be glad to give it a try.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
27 Jun 2008, 19:26

Hehehe... bizarre. Btw will the Admiral's Hat be available on this map? :D this map is large with underground it's all water based so there are actually a few admirals hats on the map. There a lot of ocean to cover lots of treasure to find. i was on 6 months and hadn't even got to the underground y...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
27 Jun 2008, 15:33

Hehehe... bizarre.

Btw will the Admiral's Hat be available on this map? :D
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
26 Jun 2008, 18:38
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Knight
Replies: 33
Views: 23279

That is an impressive voting spree, Deni. :-D
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
25 Jun 2008, 02:10
Topic: Conflux on Impossible (H3)
Replies: 3
Views: 2876

Hm, it's been a while since I last played with Conflux. But I do remember you can get very far even with the initial armies of two heroes alone. Upgrade the Pixies to Sprites, get some 1st level spells. Bless would be great for the Air/Storm Elementals. Sprites are superb of course, faster than most...
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
23 Jun 2008, 22:49
Topic: Serena / Eagle Eye - map idea
Replies: 6
Views: 3838

I don't know if it's been done but it seems a good idea.
I think it may be fun to take the quest approach and pre-design a bunch of heroes that she'll need to beat, within a certain time limit. Maybe leave out lv5 spells entirely.
by BigThingWithHolesInIt
23 Jun 2008, 22:30
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Alchemist
Replies: 13
Views: 11651

Aside from the fact that you have to settle with either Scholar or Mysticism, Alchemists are pretty great, as they're well-rounded in primary stats and generally get good secondary picks. I'll usually go with Mysticism rather than Scholar for a main hero, though Fafner is an option. Neela makes a gr...

Go to advanced search