Search found 5 matches

by Eolian Mage
28 Feb 2007, 00:09
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: What maps do you prefer?
Replies: 13
Views: 5782

L or XL single player maps with a storyline, definitely. However, the story should be "connected" to the map, and it should creative, interesting, and original, all of which are difficult to achieve. Oh, and I agree about the eye-candy. Exploration and the progressive uncovering of a new, ...
by Eolian Mage
22 Feb 2007, 17:08
Forum: Articles
Topic: Academy
Replies: 45
Views: 18695

Academy

Regarding: heim321--this town is totally weak and useless compared to other homm's!

It behooves us all to remember that HOMM5 is a strategy game. Consequently, FPS tactics will not ensure a win against a foe who has a strength advantage.
by Eolian Mage
08 Feb 2007, 17:03
Topic: Biggles Review
Replies: 29
Views: 12946

Biggles Review

I agree with Biggles' review. I too have played H1 -- H4 a LOT. By comparison, H5 has put the excitement and the play-one-more turn obsessive game play back into the series for me. I was not an early adopter though; the demo turned me off. But, as a late adopter (just in time for the 1.4 patch), I h...
by Eolian Mage
07 Feb 2007, 23:08
Topic: Manual
Replies: 81
Views: 36804

Unofficial Guide

Late comment: I was able to download the latest color manual in PDF. I was able open and use it without problems. This is a great game, with a wonderful support group. Great job! Thank you.
by Eolian Mage
02 Feb 2007, 14:08
Topic: Academy Creatures
Replies: 71
Views: 25573

Academy Creatures

I like the look and feel of this town, including the somewhat improbable gargoyle. The graphics in this game are a mixture of the sublime and the bizarre, which gives it a unique personality. And, yes, I too find flaws in its graphic concepts, but, I detest the mundane, and this game is anything but...

Go to advanced search