Search found 9 matches

by beegee
15 Jan 2007, 17:23
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: list of New Towns/Add-Ons avaible for Downlaod ;)
Replies: 10
Views: 7240

Thanks for this great information. I hope they get these projects finished.
by beegee
22 Dec 2006, 19:36
Topic: I guess I need help from a coder...
Replies: 5
Views: 4091

There is much hardcoded in Heroes 3. Actually, I'm not sure. Yes, therefore you have to decompile the EXE-File first into assembly and then into c++. There are some tools out there, but not well programmed enough. In a few weeks I'll help one of these decompiling projects.
by beegee
19 Dec 2006, 17:43
Topic: list of New Towns/Add-Ons avaible for Downlaod ;)
Replies: 10
Views: 7240

At the moment they are no additional towns for H3, but the WOG-team is working at one. So it's not as easy as you think.
by beegee
19 Dec 2006, 17:40
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: I do not like Heroes V, i do not like 3D games, but Heroes 4
Replies: 30
Views: 12609

The problem of 3d is that the new dwellings haven't much charme as earlier games like the orginally heroes of might and magic. But as said above Nival did a great job and now Heroes has one of the best graphics at the moment. The animations and atmosphere are much better than in the older ones.
by beegee
15 Dec 2006, 13:33
Topic: Mod for Heroes IV to make it Virtual Reality proof ?
Replies: 4
Views: 2821

LOL, just laughing. You haven't any experience of modding, but you said: "it's not too difficult". Well, i'm thinking of making a real mod for H3. ( Not for H1/H2, because they are too old. Not for H4, because it got not many buyer. Not for H5, because it's too new.) I've got great ideas. ...
by beegee
30 Nov 2006, 17:15
Topic: Heroes 3 engine upgrade
Replies: 1
Views: 1606

There exists no 3d engine for H3, but if it has one it would be completely impossible to change it. You can't change the resolution to 1024x768 it would be nice, but therefore you have to rework most of the 2d gfx-part of Heroes. And to get the source code in c++ is nearly impossible.
by beegee
04 Nov 2006, 10:00
Topic: what is legal?
Replies: 6
Views: 4331

I've just read in Wikipedia that Wake of Gods had got the permission of 3do to develop/program it. So if you want to make a modification you have to ask before making it? It is better to ask or senseless? But where can I ask? Who? perhaps ubisoft?
by beegee
03 Nov 2006, 09:29
Topic: what is legal?
Replies: 6
Views: 4331

what is legal?

So, what are you allowed to modify on the game:

1. text files
2. bitmap files
3. video files
4. heroes3.exe(where the scripts are contained)
5. animation files
6. original campaign files
7. using resedit2
8. using further tools

Thanks for answers/replys.
by beegee
02 Nov 2006, 13:41
Topic: what is technically possible with heroes 3
Replies: 1
Views: 2680

what is technically possible with heroes 3

Well, the question above. This means what can you change, what technically can you modify on the game. Don't get me wrong I don't want to make any competition. Why I'm asking: There exists "Heroes3:Complete", but only in english. So I want to program a tool in VisualC++, with which you can...

Go to advanced search