Expansion HOMM 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 19:52

Tysar wrote: Actually I think the biggest one with the cool hammer is a fire giant or something, it would make sense as the whole town has a strong norse mythology theme. And, of course, he's way too big to be a dwarf (I think they should have made all the dwarves approximately the same height anyway, with the berserker being already way too tall). As a side note, imo he looks nicer than the actual model as well...
The biggest one is thane,and its some sort of a giant,they way I understand it.Berserker is way too big(2+ meters 8| )

@soupnazii

The one in the concept art looks excelent,except for the wings.The two they used look like dinosaurus with crapy legs.Especially the all fiery one.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 31 Aug 2006, 19:54

ThunderTitan wrote:@Tysar

I certainly hope those are giants, but whenever i'm optimist i get biten in the @$$.
I think they are too short to be giants... But nevertheless they're too big to be dwarves.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 19:56

ThunderTitan wrote:@Tysar

I certainly hope those are giants, but whenever i'm optimist i get biten in the @$$.
Then be optimistic about being bitten in the a$$.That way,both outcomes will be good:youll either be right,or the thing will turn out good :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 19:57

Giant Dwarves? Just make them bigger then a human, and say they're giants. They don't have to be colossal, original myth giants were about as tall as ogres. They don't need to be as big as the colossi/titans.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 Aug 2006, 19:59

2.5 meters can pass for a giant. after all, we have titans/collosi. we dont need anything bigger (especially not at level 5).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 20:00

Darkstroem wrote: I think they are too short to be giants... But nevertheless they're too big to be dwarves.
Maybe theyre quarter-giants,or seven-quarter-dwarves :devil:

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 Aug 2006, 20:01

Warlock wrote:[quote="soupnazii"P.S. - the "Fire" one reminsd me too much of this:
and whats wrong with "that"?
DaemianLucifer wrote:
Darkstroem wrote: I think they are too short to be giants... But nevertheless they're too big to be dwarves.
Maybe theyre quarter-giants,or seven-quarter-dwarves :devil:
you have to remember that they cant be half-giants or whatver, cause they are the giants in this universe. in Ashan, that is the size of giants.
Last edited by soupnazii on 31 Aug 2006, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 31 Aug 2006, 20:03

soupnazii wrote:
Warlock wrote:[quote="soupnazii"P.S. - the "Fire" one reminsd me too much of this:
and whats wrong with "that"?
1.) It's an elemental and this is supposed to be a dragon (not a dragon-shaped elemental)

2.) It's just a dude on fire. And all the HoMM3 elementals were kind of boring like that (cept water). With the exception of the Air Elemental (those eyes are so stupid), I think HoMM5 has the best ones.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 20:05

Giants have to be bigger and buffier then humans. That's enough.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 Aug 2006, 20:06

i agree about number 2, but about nember 1- all dragons here are actually "elementals", since theyt are all sons/daughters of the greater Elemental Dragons. these are the children of the dragon of fire, greens/emeralds are the children of the dragon of earth, shadow of the dragon of darkness.
ThunderTitan wrote:Giants have to be bigger and buffier then humans. That's enough.
what if its 3 meters tall, but very fat?
Last edited by soupnazii on 31 Aug 2006, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 31 Aug 2006, 20:07

soupnazii wrote:i agree about number 2, but about nember 1- all dragons here are actually "elementals", since theyt are all sons/daughters of the greater Elemental Dragons. these are the children of the dragon of fire, greens/emeralds are the children of the dragon of earth, shadow of the dragon of darkness.
And that makes them elementals how? They *represent* different elements, but they are not MADE of those elements. (besides which, NONE of the other dragons in the game - Shadow doesn't count - are made of an element like that)
Last edited by Warlock on 31 Aug 2006, 20:09, edited 2 times in total.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 Aug 2006, 20:08

whatever. this dragon happens to be different. before the announcement, everybody was whining that if we get more dragons, they better be different and not just more different-colored dragons. now you got that, and people are complaining again.
Last edited by soupnazii on 31 Aug 2006, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 20:08

This one is.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 Aug 2006, 20:09

i meant 3m tall, but not buff. does it still qualify as a giant?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 20:11

It really is sad that dragons became filler creatures."Now,what are we going to put as a top tier creature?I have no clue.Bah,lets just put in some dragon,and get it over with" :disagree:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 20:13

@soupnazii
I don't think humans reach that height. But giants should be muscular.

@DL
Even worse as the Phoenix is the most obvious 7 for a fire dragon faction.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 31 Aug 2006, 20:14

It's interesting to see how the reactions have changed from almost euphoric to quite critical. ;)

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 31 Aug 2006, 20:16

ThunderTitan wrote:@soupnazii
I don't think humans reach that height. But giants should be muscular.

@DL
Even worse as the Phoenix is the most obvious 7 for a fire dragon faction.
Except you can already summon a Pheonix so it seems less special. What they should have done is instead of making them actually dragons, called them Salamanders. Then they are unique but still "sort of dragony looking". Maybe add Fire Dragons as a neutral :P

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2006, 20:21

Warlock wrote:What they should have done is instead of making them actually dragons, called them Salamanders.
Fire Drakes would do just fine. What i disliked the most is the fact that the greenie and blackie have the same body type. At least this one is a land dragon. Wyrm would also work.

Euro/Oriental/Undead/Land/Magik i think was the list.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Aug 2006, 20:24

Roc,thunderbird,or frost eagle wouldve worked quite well with dwarves too.Although frost eagle doesnt quite fit with dragon of fire,but thunderbird does.Behemoth couldve also been used.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”