Expansion HOMM 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 30 Aug 2006, 16:28

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Meandor wrote: Bad thing- 5 units are dwarves. It`s like Haven 2.
What did you expect?All of the other towns are like that.
All other towns are like that?

Inferno- i don`t see imp on a horse, imp with a heavy armor and imp caster or imp shooter, do you?
Necropolis- once again i can`t see zombie on a horse or zombie with armor or zombie caster 8|
Academy- One mage, some constructs and some magical creatures.
Haven- 5 human units, looks nice and unique.
Sylvans- Minus sworddancer great town.
And here starts crap.
Dungeon- 4 drows. Dwarfs- 5 dwarfs. Both of them to me are Haven 2.

Why i`m complaining? In H1-H4 races were built more on theme- humans, fairy creatures, evil monsters, savage creatures, undead, wizard s pursuing knowledge, swamp dwealer(sp?), elemental castle, creatures from hell. Now, every new town looks more race based than theme based. I don`t like it, you might like it, matter of opinion.

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 30 Aug 2006, 16:30

"Heroes of might and magic V: Hammers of Fate"

The expansion is now officialy announced.

There are some screenshots on french page.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 30 Aug 2006, 16:40

Oh great. So there IS a mammoth (as the hero's mount, I guess).

EDIT:

AND there is snow landscape (as I expected), a new type of underground (dwarven tunnels?), the phoenix as a neutral stack, and our beloved wolves as neutral units!

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 30 Aug 2006, 16:49

The German Ubi page has the news already up.

But it's as I thought: They mention all the good stuff, Dwarven town, Random Map Generator, Caravans, new this and that - except the final killer, the icing on the already big cake. :)
It means of course that I cannot disclose anything here. Sorry.

That leaves the bottom line:
There is more in the addon that has been disclosed!

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 30 Aug 2006, 16:55

Eternor wrote:"Heroes of might and magic V: Hammers of Fate"

The expansion is now officialy announced.

There are some screenshots on french page.
OMG! If expansion will have those things then i`ll be happy with races consisting of 7 orcs :-D

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 30 Aug 2006, 17:17

A small, low quality image of dwarven city on adventure map.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 30 Aug 2006, 17:24

Doesn't look bad. That should be hard to conquer! :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 17:47

Meandor wrote: Inferno- i don`t see imp on a horse, imp with a heavy armor and imp caster or imp shooter, do you?
But they all are demons.Unity through race,not theme.
Meandor wrote: Necropolis- once again i can`t see zombie on a horse or zombie with armor or zombie caster 8|
They are all human corpses(except for the dragon),so 6 humans,one dragon.
Meandor wrote: Academy- One mage, some constructs and some magical creatures.
The only unity through theme.
Meandor wrote: Haven- 5 human units, looks nice and unique.
So,5 humans is unique,5 dwarves,or even 4 elves are not? :|
Meandor wrote: Sylvans- Minus sworddancer great town.
And again,4 elves here.Unity through race.
Meandor wrote: And here starts crap.
Dungeon- 4 drows. Dwarfs- 5 dwarfs. Both of them to me are Haven 2.
Again,unity through race.Though it is a good concept,it turned bad because of the sheer number of units.7 is too much,and requires lots of fillers,and not so many unique creatures.
Meandor wrote: Why i`m complaining? In H1-H4 races were built more on theme- humans, fairy creatures, evil monsters, savage creatures, undead, wizard s pursuing knowledge, swamp dwealer(sp?), elemental castle, creatures from hell. Now, every new town looks more race based than theme based. I don`t like it, you might like it, matter of opinion.
The previous comment.
Jolly Joker wrote: But it's as I thought: They mention all the good stuff, Dwarven town, Random Map Generator, Caravans, new this and that - except the final killer, the icing on the already big cake. :)
It means of course that I cannot disclose anything here. Sorry.
Wait,theres something even better than the return of the caravans? :| 8| This either means that the feature is really going to be awesome,or that the caravans will be crappy.*fingers crossed*I sure hope its the former!Please,god,let it be the former!!

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 30 Aug 2006, 18:07

What could it be ... jj a clue please , is it something totally new or do we have already seen it ??
And about my previous post on lore i meant :
1 Erathia was a great world but in all the Heroes games, the world changed so much every time, it began to be impossible continuing a coherent story.
2 The Warcraft lore ( not talking about the greatness of the books though ) has been so much changed througout the time, that Medhivh who was at the same time the greatest titan of all the time and the greatest Human mage, protector of the human race, imbued with unimaginable power .... was killed by 5 persons :|
Wich is kinda lame

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 30 Aug 2006, 18:11

i hope this extra thing is good. i have a small feeling it might have something to do with another town.. i cant figure what else it could be... with Nivals sparks of creative genius in this game it probably another town with a level 7 dragon,

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 30 Aug 2006, 18:12

Let me add here that I DON'T mean the simultaneous turns - which are announced on the M&M page - and of course NOT the fact that Caravans won't be as sillily implemented as in H IV (you know what I mean: conquer a town and get caravanned enemy units each day strolling around there, for example).

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 30 Aug 2006, 18:15

so what do you mean exactly ... or vaguely ... or just a hint ???
i promess i ll tell nobody :devious:

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 30 Aug 2006, 18:18

So,5 humans is unique,5 dwarves,or even 4 elves are not? confused
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/dict ... 82971.html
But they all are demons.Unity through race,not theme.
Do you know that there are various races of humans in our real world?

Demon is generalization like saying that earth is populated with humans instead of earth is populated with white people, black people, yellow people and so on. Haven is populated with white humans while magicians from Academy look like arabians or dark elves vs light elves- two different races.
They are all human corpses(except for the dragon),so 6 humans,one dragon.
Humanoids? Yes. Humans? No, they can be anything, from orcs to elves or even your demos.
And again,4 elves here.Unity through race.
http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ures.shtml
I see 3. Yes that more unity through race, but they still have some fairy tale fealing.
Again,unity through race.Though it is a good concept,it turned bad because of the sheer number of units.7 is too much,and requires lots of fillers,and not so many unique creatures.
Your point? I said they turned bad, you say they turned bad. So both of us are happy :)
and of course NOT the fact that Caravans won't be as sillily implemented as in H IV (you know what I mean: conquer a town and get caravanned enemy units each day strolling around there, for example).
How is that silly? If AI liked to recruit units every day it`s his fault, not systems. And it would be imposible to do in H5, because it lacks heroless armies.

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 30 Aug 2006, 18:32

Jolly Joker wrote:the icing on the already big cake.
Maybe Neutrals fighting between each other, armies without hero?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 18:40

Your point being?All 5 are white males with different equipment.So how does that make them unique?
Meandor wrote: Do you know that there are various races of humans in our real world?

Demon is generalization like saying that earth is populated with humans instead of earth is populated with white people, black people, yellow people and so on. Haven is populated with white humans while magicians from Academy look like arabians or dark elves vs light elves- two different races.
So,if someone says 5 dwarves you automatically asume all 5 are of the same race of dwarves,but 7 demons,hey each is unique and different from the other?
Meandor wrote: Humanoids? Yes. Humans? No, they can be anything, from orcs to elves or even your demos.
No,not humanoids,but humans.Check the ears on the corpses:None of them is elven.Check the legs and heads:None of them is demonic.Check their height:None of them is dwarven.They are all human corpses.Even though it says that necros raise all of their fallen enemies,the units are all depicted as humans.I repeatedly suggested how it would be much better if we had,for example,elven vampires,dwarven zombies,succubi liches,etc.But for now,they are all just human corpses,human skeletons and human spirits.
Meandor wrote: http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ures.shtml
I see 3. Yes that more unity through race, but they still have some fairy tale fealing.
Nope,there are 4.Sprites are elves too,but like you said,a different kind.A flying one.But the addition of wings doesnt make them not-elven.
Meandor wrote: Your point? I said they turned bad, you say they turned bad. So both of us are happy :)
Im l33ting my arguing skilz n00b :D
Meandor wrote: How is that silly? If AI liked to recruit units every day it`s his fault, not systems. And it would be imposible to do in H5, because it lacks heroless armies.
I agree here completely.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 30 Aug 2006, 18:42

Eternor wrote:
Jolly Joker wrote:the icing on the already big cake.
Maybe Neutrals fighting between each other, armies without hero?
I hope not - I think both of those were bad ideas from H4 :P It is "HEROES of Might and Magic" afterall.

Mixed Neutrals and possibly roaming Neutrals would be cool though (though not "ground breaking" like JJ is implying this thing will be)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Aug 2006, 18:52

Warlock wrote: I hope not - I think both of those were bad ideas from H4 :P It is "HEROES of Might and Magic" afterall.
I disagree.And heroes were quite important in HIV because only them could claim objects(and not to mention that they became gods on higher levels).
Warlock wrote: Mixed Neutrals and possibly roaming Neutrals would be cool though (though not "ground breaking" like JJ is implying this thing will be)
I agree.Though a good thing,it is nothing new.

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 30 Aug 2006, 19:07

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 30 Aug 2006, 19:15

lot s of interesting stuff here , we can see a wall of fire .. maybe new runic one ??

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 30 Aug 2006, 19:19

Look at the Haven units... What's going on?

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/heroes_of_ ... ate/178349

Return to “Heroes V-VI”