Might and Magic 8 with generative AI renders of various scenes. Soon this will be done real-time.

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Snowbird
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic 8 with generative AI renders of various scenes. Soon this will be done real-time.

Unread postby Snowbird » 13 Oct 2024, 20:46

In the near future (if not already with supercomputers), we will be able to render higher graphics on top of retro games—in real time. It's worth looking up some of this stuff if you haven't seen it before. Some of what people are doing already is pretty wild.

This video is just an idea of what some parts of the game might look like with different graphic styles. I didn't spend too long on it, nor did I turn these images into videos (which you can do with something like KlingAI). I know every year people throw together a scene of a game like Might and Magic using Unreal Engine—but this will be different, like a screen that gets placed on top of the old game.

edit: I had posted this on reddit and some people attacked it pretty hard—really it's just meant as an idea of what will come in the next few years. We will be able to get much higher fidelity to the original design (or just straight upgraded textures from the 640x480 original if one prefers) than what I posted.

Return to “Might and Magic”