Search found 48 matches

by Paviel
14 Apr 2016, 16:10
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 30752

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

and the opponents need to increase with difficulty and experience gained as the party levels increase. Most MM games didn't have that, did they? I know that in MM3-9, the difficulty and experience of opponents was dependent on location, not party level. Other than the arena fights in MM6-8, that is.
by Paviel
11 Apr 2016, 22:05
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 34551

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

In addition to the map, the Arcomage quest in MM7 requires you to win Arcomage at every tavern "on, in, and under the continent of Erathia."
by Paviel
11 Apr 2016, 14:35
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 34551

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

The name of the continent is actually Antagarich. Erathia is a country.
The continent is also called Erathia, at least in H3:RoE and MM7. They didn't start calling it Antagarich until AB and SoD.
by Paviel
17 Nov 2015, 21:13
Topic: Is it possible to edit event flags in MM7?
Replies: 9
Views: 7406

Re: Is it possible to edit event flags in MM7?

Everytime I play MM7, it seems like the Trumpet quest always takes place two months (to the minute) after you get the "War!" journal entry.

Certainly the Arbiter always dies four months to the minute after the "War!" journal entry.
by Paviel
15 Oct 2015, 16:37
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM2 campaign progression
Views: 8786

Re: HoMM2 campaign progression

Yup. Like I said, the campaign progression is pretty clear from the very beginning of the campaign.
by Paviel
14 Oct 2015, 19:51

There are no secret scenarios, if that's what you're asking about. Every option you have will be clearly marked.
by Paviel
14 Oct 2015, 17:10

You can get a general idea of where the "sidequests" and "branching quests" are in each campaign just by starting to play them: The game is quite open from the very beginning in that regard. By "sidequest" I mean a scenario that you can play if you want to, but you can ...
by Paviel
01 Oct 2015, 16:21
Topic: H2-3: Lord Haart
Replies: 5
Views: 4760

H2-3: Lord Haart

At what point did Lord Haart join the necromancers? In Heroes 2, near the end of Roland's campaign, Lord Haart was part of the attack on the lords nearest Castle Ironfist, including General Corlagon. When Roland was preparing to attack Archibald himself, he said "My brother refuses to surrender...
by Paviel
15 May 2015, 21:14
Topic: Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.
Replies: 37
Views: 32262

Plus, Gavin Magnus (who teaches GM Light magic) is an Archmage rather than a Priest of Light.

Honestly, there's a better case for Archmages being able to use GM Light magic than Priests of Light.
by Paviel
15 May 2015, 13:53
Topic: Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.
Replies: 37
Views: 32262

Since the Archmage promotion quest is to find the last remaining copy of the Book of Divine Intervention, I think it's odd to make Archmages unable to use it.
by Paviel
16 Apr 2015, 01:48
Topic: HoMM1: mapping Morglin's adventures
Replies: 5
Views: 9697

It could be that the scaling isn't right, or there could be more to the continent than what we see in MM6. Didn't Lord Alamar live in a volcanic region surrounded by a swamp? It also seems odd that anybody other than Alamar could have been in control of Castle Alamos, given the similarity of the two...
by Paviel
14 Apr 2015, 23:18
Topic: Modding skill level perks in MM7?
Replies: 8
Views: 6074

I've played quite a few games where shield-wearing characters can bash enemies with their shields; maybe GM Shield could be something similar: "Skill added to Attack Damage," or "Chance to stun equal to skill," or something like that.
by Paviel
05 Nov 2014, 02:51

So I guess the moral of the story is to visit outdoor Harmondale before talking to Queen Catherine or King Eldritch, and make sure that the War event is flagged. I would like to reiterate, though, that just because the Erathian banner is in your castle, that doesn't necessarily mean that you're lock...
by Paviel
03 Nov 2014, 22:50

Sounds pretty similar to what happens to me. Whenever I complete the quests to steal the plans and rescue the agent, the next time I visit Castle Harmondale, I get the "0" quest, and the Erathian banner is hung next to my throne room. It doesn't stop me from getting the trumpet when I visi...
by Paviel
31 Oct 2014, 05:08
Topic: Who Sunk Might and Magic? My analysis.
Replies: 10
Views: 7568

Indeed, Second Corak explicitly said that none of the gates in his station led to the Ancients. I've already provided the quotes, and I don't care to repeat myself.
by Paviel
27 Oct 2014, 19:09
Topic: Inferno town
Views: 6675

Why wouldn't Xenofex keep Gogs or Pit Fiends in Colony Zod, though? He was the leader of the Kreegan in MM6 and MM7, so he must have been their leader in Heroes 3 as well (which took place between MM6 and MM7), and been in command of the Inferno creatures there as well.
by Paviel
26 Oct 2014, 23:59

The Halflings were native to Eeofol before the Night of Shooting Stars displaced them. I couldn't imagine them being on good terms with Gogs. The Efreet are native to the Plane of Fire, according to MM8. Not sure where Hellhounds and Cerberi come from. On second thought, I guess the rest of them are...
by Paviel
25 Oct 2014, 20:41

I'm not sure that any of the creatures from the Inferno town are aliens. They certainly don't look like the Kreegan from MM6 and 7.

Unless maybe Imps are their young.
by Paviel
25 Oct 2014, 18:25
Topic: Origins of HOMM's armies
Replies: 1
Views: 2419

Here are the creatures introduced in Heroes II. Most upgraded versions of creatures have the same mythological origins as their non-upgraded counterparts, so I have only included the exceptions: NEUTRAL Medusa: Greek mythology Elementals: Paracelsus KNIGHT Crusader: Mundane, originally a medieval Ar...
by Paviel
25 Oct 2014, 09:05
Topic: Origins of HOMM's armies
Replies: 1
Views: 2419

Origins of HOMM's armies

I thought I'd try to summarize where each creature in the Heroes series came from, culturally or mythologically speaking. I'll start with Heroes I, and see if I'm up for the sequels later. Note that I'm focusing primarily on the names of these creatures, and the definitions of the names. Their appea...

Go to advanced search