Spells

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jan 2006, 20:08

Looks pretty definite to me. As for older games, H3 had about 70, and I believe H4 had somewhere around 130.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 09 Jan 2006, 21:46

Hmm, if there's 40 spells, 10 per school etc. maybe they ought to arrange the summary page(s) like in MM7...one page per school, with just the names or thumbnail pics of all the spells on the page. Then you can go to the more detailed spell page (with the stories and whatnot) from there.

katabroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby katabroc » 10 Jan 2006, 00:23

I was wondering, some dmg spells could have 2 effects, like, fire based spells could do dmg on the first round, and some minor dmg on the round after, or cold based spells do dmg and slow the target. That would be nice to see. And they won´t do 3 spells/page, im sure they won´t, that was just an alpha/beta version, this is the kind of thing they will change only when the game is almost ready, in polishing stage

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2006, 00:28

Yes little boy,santa does exist ;)

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 10 Jan 2006, 04:57

I've asked Fabrice if we can say a bit more about the spells and the spell schools, but seeing as how the beta-testers are under the NDA, all we can really discuss right now is what's been seen by the public. That means...

Four spell schools (although 6 were rumored for quite some time).
~Summoning
~Light
~Dark
~last one's name is undisclosed currently

Known spells from videos/screenshots/alpha leaks.
~Bless
~Blind
~Bloodlust
~Chain Lightning
~Curse
~Dimension Door
~Fireball
~Holy Word
~Ice Bolt
~Magic Fist
~Magic Missile
~Meteor Shower
~Resurrection
~Stoneskin
~Wasp Swarm

That's 15 out of 40. So we've still got plenty to work with IMO. Depending on how useful the remaining spells are, I think they should be fine.

As for the spell book....yep, I'd prefer to see more spells per page and have the detailed descriptions for the spells by pop-up or right-clicking the spell icons. But that's me. :O)

I've asked Fabrice if we can reveal the actual names of the spell schools and the final number of the schools. I didn't even bother asking if we could reveal the complete listing of the spells....I already know the answer to that one. :disagree:
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 10 Jan 2006, 09:28

Ah well, too little spells if you ask me. Homm IV was the best in the spell system by far. 130 heh what more do you want. 40 sounds scary to me, specially since there are 6 towns. I hope the special abilities make up for it. 40 spells I'm disapointed....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jan 2006, 10:14

Sir Charles wrote: Image

Four spell schools (although 6 were rumored for quite some time).
~Summoning
~Light
~Dark
~last one's name is undisclosed currently
So in the end it is Summon, Bless, Curse and Damage! Are they thinking of changeing them? Coz i can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't announce them if they're final, especialy as we already know how they're split.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 10 Jan 2006, 13:30

Well, I got the answer...and it's the one I expected. Sorry guys.

So for now, it remains what I posted previously.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 10 Jan 2006, 18:03

That was to be expected...

Mmm, maybe they could give us just a little more about the spell system. We haven't had anything new for quite some time :( .

Or they could bring some life back into the DMoMM community...
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2006, 19:22

Sir Charles wrote:I've asked Fabrice if we can reveal the actual names of the spell schools and the final number of the schools. I didn't even bother asking if we could reveal the complete listing of the spells....I already know the answer to that one. :disagree:
Ask him anyway.Who knows what kind of mood hell be into.Maybe he gets drunk and says "Its ok!Tell them whatever you whant my good *HIK* friend" :devil:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 10 Jan 2006, 19:29

Yeah like that's gonna happen... :devious: :disagree:
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2006, 19:38

Well who knows?I myself always find some excuse to celebrate(like I need an excuse).

"Hey guys,Ive just found out how to answer that question on the exams!Im 1/273 part complete!Lets get drunk!" :devil:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 10 Jan 2006, 19:42

Yeah...

anyway, are you racing Kalah or something... You've been spamming all over big time! I've been spamming but I'm unable to keep up... Not that there is any need now I'm a knight :proud: :proud: :proud: :hoo:
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2006, 19:54

Im racing all the way to the top.Kalah is just a step towards my ultimate goal :devil: .Besides,Ive let mysekf being overrun by a55a55in,even though I had a few months advantage on the last forum.I wont let that happen again.Im looking up to my role-model:Ethric,from his yyounger days :devil:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 10 Jan 2006, 20:04

Pfah. You have a long way yet, young padawan...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2006, 20:10

Well,I have an average of 50+ posts/day.So,if nothing interferes,it wont be long before I achieve total domination :devil:

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 10 Jan 2006, 20:12

You must be using some sort of spell, DaemianLucifer! ;)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 10 Jan 2006, 20:18

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well,I have an average of 50+ posts/day.So,if nothing interferes,it wont be long before I achieve total domination
Total domination cannot be achieved until you master the awesome power of the Delete Button. Without that, your posts will always be subject to the wims of those who have.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2006, 20:27

Yes,thats true.But never mind,I dont need the responsobility that rulership has with it.

Anyway,lets get back to topic,shall we?There are just 40 spells,but lets not forget that they are all subjected to H3 system of boosting them.So with expert light,its just obvious that heal and bless will become mass spells.So well practically have somwhere around 60,70 spells.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 10 Jan 2006, 20:29

DaemianLucifer wrote:but lets not forget that they are all subjected to H3 system of boosting them.
Where did you read this? Granted, the game looks very slanted towards H3, but I don't think I've read anything like that.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”