[HOMM4] Beasts of The Nature: Strategies and Tactics

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 14 Jul 2006, 15:57

gravyluvr wrote:For Level 2 I hope to not get Fortune - I need Wasp Storm and Quicksand to make life easier.
!!! look 3 forums below!

MudElemental
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: [HOMM4] Beasts of The Nature: Strategies and Tactics

Unread postby MudElemental » Yesterday, 11:58

First Question: Elves or White Tigers?
I used to buy elves only (shooting), but on Equilibris tigers are better. Elves die easily and are slow, hampering army's overall speed. I guess elves work best with 'sands' spell or Order magic slow and tigers shine with any buff.

Second Question: Griffins or Unicorns?
For conquering enemy city: definitely griffins, because they fly and get to enemy easily. When against AI it is super easy to barricade the gate area with 'sands' spell and shoot to death every walking unit, so flyers can really make a difference sometimes. On Equilibris I lean toward unicorns, they seem effective and their Blind ability seems to work more often.

Third Question: Which Creatures have you purchased at the Portal and why?
Either Leperchauns to scare away enemy AI by sheer numbers or water elementals because they are deadly with 'sands' and ice bolt spells (but personally I don't like them aesthetically) or waspworts (great shooters) or mantises (very fast unit and good combo with Dragon strength spell).

Fourth Question: Phoenix or Faerie Dragon?
I used to chose Faeries because, well, dragons are cool and that spell causing a whole unit to loose a turn is great. (There's nice campaign centred on single dragon unit somewhere.) Now I switched to phoenixes because they have two-hex attack and are easily buffed, plus are extremely fast. Rebirth is an asset too.

Fifth Question: Which creatures do you prefer to Summon into a battle?
Griffins or Waspworts or Mantises/Phoenixes/Faerrie dragons. The strongest summon on each Nature magic tier. Sometimes just a stack of Sprites to block enemy shooter.

Six - no question - in Equilibris there's option to chose what to summon on daily basis with Summoning skill, or not to summon at all (points for summoning still accumulate). So I often make a summon-bombs: my druid switches to actually summon something before the end of the turn when I really need it and can get chasing AI by surprise. I can accumulate thousands of lepperchauns on big maps (unstoppable combo with tactics).

Return to “Heroes I-IV”