MM7Rev4mod A Radical Redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

MM7Rev4mod A Radical Redone

Unread postby DaveHer » 24 Apr 2024, 09:49

Thanks to Mastro, he has given me permission to use his Monsters and NPCs from "MM7 augmentation" in this version. A reminder that "MM7Rev4mod" was first modified by Big Daddy Jim, then by Maestro, and then by me. You might say it is a joint project. See Pics

Link to Pic: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

There are many new things in this version. New building, plants, and the land has been restructured. Due to the fact that everything is in HD, Some of you may have problems with the game. I myself had one crash to the desktop. That was several days ago. Haven't had one since.

Installation:
Create a Folder, not in drive C: (if you can). Give it any name.
For example: MM7Rev4mod A Radical Redone
Unpack the mod to that folder. Make a shortcut of MM7Setup to the desktop and run the game. When you exit for the first time, Windows 10 will ask you if the game installed correctly.

This is the installation I did, and it worked fine.

This is a link to all the MM7 Redone Mods. https://www.moddb.com/games/might-and-magic-7
It also has a patch for "MM7Rev4mod A Radical Redone".

Here is the link for download. https://www.moddb.com/mods/mm7rev4mod-a ... cal-redone

David

Reymu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM7Rev4mod A Radical Redone

Unread postby Reymu » 27 Apr 2024, 02:34

Does this work as well if run it from Ubisoft's Uplay?

Totally fun mod w/ all the surprises (and challenge upscale!), but what turned off is how frequently it crashed. First it was a particular group of goblins in Harmondale, then it's several gargoyle groups in Barrow Downs, then the new NPCs in SW BD can't be RMB or chatted without crashing, and finally the spiders S of Stone City--after that, gave up.

Installation I did--probably why the issues?--was download the mod (the Redone Ultimate), extract and paste (replace if prompted) all files in my Uplay MM7. Figure just unpack the mod to different folder, make shortcut of mod's mm7setup, run that, then see if runs correctly from Uplay. Gonna try this tomorrow.

DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby DaveHer » 28 Apr 2024, 01:22

This is what I have, 32.0 GB of RAm, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz, and The Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Super. I only had one crash to the desktop and that was several days ago. I haven't had one since then. You need to install according to the instructions above. You do not need The Redone Ultimate. I, the author have been having fun with it. If you have the equivalent are butter, you should not have any problems.
David

DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby DaveHer » 29 Apr 2024, 01:47

At this point I am working on the MAPSTATS.txt file which may be causing the problem. It has some errors that need to be fixed. Also fixing the monsters on the maps. I will have the patch as soon as possible. I am sorry, but you will have to start a new game. Otherwise you will be walking though wells.

DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby DaveHer » 02 May 2024, 01:16

I have made changes to the game so that it will not need to use to much memory. Now most people will be able to play the game without crashing to the desktop. I am finished with the changes and should have the patch by tomorrow. Sorry but you will have to start a new game. Also the game will look the same even though the resolution of some of the trees have been reduced.
David

Return to “Might and Magic”