Search found 20 matches

by ioticus
29 May 2006, 16:02
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: A month of bad luck
Replies: 30
Views: 16335

DaemianLucifer wrote: There you go.People have observed both campaigns,single scenarios and MP maps.AI does cheat.
Thanks for the link. I suspected the AI was getting massive cheats, even on Normal :(
by ioticus
29 May 2006, 15:37
Topic: A month of bad luck
Replies: 30
Views: 16335

The AI tends to get heaps of money for free, so it's quite likely it could buy those troops. Gaidal, How do you know the AI gets heaps of gold for free? Is this through observation or through an official source? Does it occur in MP maps as well? Does it also occur on normal difficulty? I'm trying t...
by ioticus
27 May 2006, 14:45
Topic: This is a manual?
Replies: 85
Views: 21016

Here's to HoMM VI, which will only have fan site adresses in the manual. Only a pdf version of it on the dvd :lol: No, there'll be a link on the DVD (not on the start menu) to a webpage with website links. Actually, it's more likely you'll get a "Page not found error" once you click the l...
by ioticus
27 May 2006, 04:59
Topic: What's the difference ...
Replies: 2
Views: 1534

ROTFLMFAO!!!!
by ioticus
27 May 2006, 04:49
Topic: This is a manual?
Replies: 85
Views: 21016

Well what do you expect when you get a bunch of French people in charge of a bunch of Russian people to write an English manual? hehehe.
by ioticus
26 May 2006, 01:00
Topic: Could someone please tell me if the AI cheats on Normal?
Replies: 12
Views: 4925

Why in the hell would they release a game in which on the lowest setting you start with more resources than the AI but it gets massive cheats as the game progresses? It makes no effing sense. There *needs* to be a setting in which you and the AI start off equal and it doesn't get cheats.
by ioticus
25 May 2006, 23:41

In current v1.0 and in demo - yes, it cheats even on normal. How do you know this and can you tell me exactly what cheats it gets? Thanks. Through the thief guild or script messages. The bonus is 10000 gold/day. But it does not receive it every turn, and never in the begining.. rather in later phas...
by ioticus
25 May 2006, 17:24
Topic: How much AI cheating is "OK"?
Replies: 10
Views: 4511

Cheating is OK as long as you have the option to play against a non-cheating AI. My problem with Heroes 5 is that is appears to cheat even on Normal level.
by ioticus
25 May 2006, 03:47
Topic: Missing sounds
Replies: 1
Views: 1379

Missing sounds

There seems to be a lot of missing sounds in the game. I remember in Heroes 3, and especially Heroes 2 (which had the best sound and music in any turn based game I've played), you could hear sounds like water when you were near a water wheel, lumber chopping, horses galloping, etc. Without these myr...
by ioticus
23 May 2006, 02:08

MistWeaver wrote:In current v1.0 and in demo - yes, it cheats even on normal.
How do you know this and can you tell me exactly what cheats it gets? Thanks.
by ioticus
22 May 2006, 00:01

Could someone please tell me if the AI cheats on Normal?

I've been reading disturbing reports about the AI getting massive resource advantages. I want to play at a difficulty level where the AI does not get advantages and plays to the best of its ability. Only then can I see if the AI is decent. If such a level does not exist, then I was fooled again and ...
by ioticus
18 May 2006, 16:53
Topic: What AI level is the computer not getting any advantages?
Replies: 17
Views: 6183

Pugsley,

Damn :( I hope what you're saying is not the case. I wish the developers would let us know the scoop.
by ioticus
18 May 2006, 14:14

Re: What AI level is the computer not getting any advantages

I was wondering at what AI level the computer is on equal footing with the player and not getting any bonuses? Is it Hard difficulty? I was wondering because the AI is kicking my butt even on Normal difficulty. AI has infinate resources on any difficulty, so its never on an equal footing, not sure ...
by ioticus
15 May 2006, 21:18

I'm talking about the MP maps played against AI, not the scripted scenarios. I just want to know how the AI levels affect the amount of resources and the intelligence level of the AI.
by ioticus
15 May 2006, 03:23

What AI level is the computer not getting any advantages?

I was wondering at what AI level the computer is on equal footing with the player and not getting any bonuses? Is it Hard difficulty? I was wondering because the AI is kicking my butt even on Normal difficulty.
by ioticus
15 May 2006, 02:23
Topic: Content of the game
Replies: 161
Views: 92828

I want to send a *huge* heart felt thank you to Steve Fawkner for helping save Heroes 5 by making a strong AI. The AI is very aggressive on attack, builds large armies and quickly levels Heroes. The demo does not demonstrate just how good the AI is. You are all in for a treat when you get the full ...
by ioticus
15 May 2006, 02:14

Re: Content of the game

Hi everyone H5 will consist of : - 10 multiplayer maps - 18 preset heroes for the duel mode Will there be a possibility to play the MP maps WITH computer players? or only with human players? and when map is for example a 4 player I need all 4 to play it? It can't be less? (or exchanged for some AI ...
by ioticus
15 May 2006, 01:54

I want to send a *huge* heart felt thank you to Steve Fawkner for helping save Heroes 5 by making a strong AI. The AI is very aggressive on attack, builds large armies and quickly levels Heroes. The demo does not demonstrate just how good the AI is. You are all in for a treat when you get the full v...
by ioticus
15 May 2006, 01:11
Topic: Strategic AI + memory leaks: worrying stuff
Replies: 84
Views: 31610

The AI is kicking my ass, even on normal difficulty. It flags mine, builds large armies, upgrades units and is very aggressive. I would say it is at least as good as Heroes 3 AI, probably better. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if it cheats, since it builds large armies and high level heroes very fa...
by ioticus
27 Apr 2006, 16:32
Topic: Heroe's V AI
Replies: 40
Views: 11432

I was going to pre-order but the demo put me off. The developers seem to go out of their way to hide the nature of the strategic AI by giving the AI big advantages in resources and setting up puzzle scenarios (just like Heroes 4) . I also noticed the AI not capturing resources even though it had obv...

Go to advanced search