Search found 13 matches

by Joskevermeulen
24 Jun 2006, 06:52
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it possible to create our own heroes?
Replies: 2
Views: 1636

Is it possible to create our own heroes?

Hi everyone, I go right to the point: I am a Heroesfan, but i don't like the way heroes has evolved. My grieves are too long to post here but concern (A.I. , replayability , amount / quality of content , ability to create new content) I like programming but have no experience with 3d or Graphics des...
by Joskevermeulen
11 Jun 2006, 06:31
Topic: Serious question for those who play Single Player
Replies: 48
Views: 13675

Good description WretchedGnu

Thanks for describing the broken A.I. Another reason for me to not buy this game at the moment. Your frustration is the same frustration many players had with Heroes IV, but there at least the hero would sit like a duck on the end. Now it does even run once you are going to attack him. Yes, i know i...
by Joskevermeulen
10 Jun 2006, 06:46
Topic: Did MMORPGs kill HoMM's AI?
Replies: 11
Views: 4685

Massive online multiplayer games are only one factor

It is a fact that all games today are very multiplayer minded and that A.I. is less important (but still existant in most of them). You have 2 different business models in gaming these days: 1. pay each month / half year in a dynamically changing world ex. World of warcraft 2. pay one time and than ...
by Joskevermeulen
06 Jun 2006, 16:51
Topic: I was right!
Replies: 41
Views: 13749

Thanks Laserluger for your honest comments

I love heroes I , II and III. I bought IV and was very unpleasantly suprised of the poor quality and non existant A.I. I swore to myself I would never buy something again before watching feedback or playing a demo. Thank you for sharing your honest opinion Laserluger. I find it very important that e...
by Joskevermeulen
02 Jun 2006, 23:44
Topic: Cleaning the forum
Replies: 3
Views: 1777

I Agree

the Heroes V Forum should have much more subforums or much more topics on one page (not very performant). Now all topics where there isn't reaction in one, 2 days are getting drowned to the second page. It is a proven fact that people just don't like to click 3 times before they see a topic. So most...
by Joskevermeulen
26 May 2006, 06:34
Topic: How much AI cheating is "OK"?
Replies: 10
Views: 4510

In reply to: I agree, the means are not important, it's the end challenge. What do you mean with the end challenge? I hope you don't mean that the end challenge is just to capture the one castle of the enemy in a small map where you just have to wander from point A to B and the others best hero just...
by Joskevermeulen
26 May 2006, 06:14
Topic: Inconceivable AI cheating
Views: 20621

Let's begin a search for the A.I. programmer of Heroes III!

the developers should give us a PURE AI. It can be weak, but it must be honest. I completely agree with Mistweaver. We have seen that a challenging pure AI was possible in Heroes II and Heroes III. Heroes V in my opinion (i've only played the demo) isn't a big difference in gameplay with those 2 (s...
by Joskevermeulen
25 May 2006, 17:43
Topic: How much AI cheating is "OK"?
Replies: 10
Views: 4510

To cheat or not to cheat

I agree with ioticus. But there will probably be a good reason why there isn't such an option in HeroesV at the moment. For example it could be that the A.I. at the moment just doesn't give much of a challenge without cheats. So i will add a little modification to your sentence. Cheating is OK as lo...
by Joskevermeulen
23 May 2006, 16:24

Any further news on the ai cheating with bonusses subject?

I see this topic is getting drowned to the second page of the forum and that page doesn't get many visitors at all. But my big question still is , if it is true that the A.I. gets these bonusses? And if someone that already bought the game got a challenging adventure A.I. without it needing a massiv...
by Joskevermeulen
21 May 2006, 08:21

Can anybody check mistweaver claims?

I did not buy heroes V at this moment but i am concerned and wonder if other people want to check mistweavers claims concerning the A.I.! If the A.I. is even cheating with extra bonusses of +/- 10000 gold on normal difficulty their must be something programmers had to compensate with this bonusses. ...
by Joskevermeulen
15 May 2006, 18:26
Topic: Which change would make you buy HV? Extra Demo? More maps ?
Replies: 28
Views: 7962

But their is no prove that the A.I. will not function

So i am not willing to believe the A.I. is useless before testing it or seeing peoples opinions. In the case of the mapeditor: You often see that gamedeveloppers already make a patch when the game is even not released yet and maybe this patch will contain as splendid map editor. ( off topic: I think...
by Joskevermeulen
15 May 2006, 17:53
Topic: Which change would make you buy HV? Extra Demo? More maps ?
Replies: 28
Views: 7962

Which change would make you buy HV? Extra Demo? More maps ?

There are many negative posts on the forum. But let us be a bit more constructive . What Nival wants is that we buy the game. So if we give them reasons why we would do this they will maybe at least fix some issues in a patch or proof in an extra demo that the game is almost perfect. Everyone with i...
by Joskevermeulen
26 Apr 2006, 19:02
Topic: Heroe's V AI
Replies: 40
Views: 11423

A.I. is a crucial factor for endless (Single) playability

I played the demo and it was very exciting to finally have a new homm world. Nice graphics and the game wasn't running very choppy. I am very happy they did the effort to make the demo. But concerning your question about the Adventure map A.I ? my feelings with this demo are not so positive: - The a...

Go to advanced search