Search found 62 matches

by RawSugar
08 Nov 2023, 15:31
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might & Magic 6 mod: MAW; Monsters, Arts & Wonders [30/7/23 update]
Replies: 193
Views: 234810

Re: Might & Magic 6 mod: MAW; Monsters, Arts & Wonders [30/7/23 update]

1) yeah arrow spells are actually the main spell for casters until level ~35 or so 2) staff gives resistance to every partymember, and AC to user, and is very useful 3) druids are strong and indeed the rebalance of school w slight reduction to mirror and sometimes hefty improvements to self and elem...
by RawSugar
12 Jul 2023, 17:39

Re: Might & Magic 6 mod: MAW; Monsters, Arts & Wonders

Herbalist (druid subclass); Gain light, lose Spirit, Mind, Earth, Fire. Damage done is -15%. Healing done is +50% and -2 pr rank, as well as multiplied by (1.5-current % HP), meaning Herbalists are adept at healing single targets at low HP, but not so strong casting Power Cure to a party at high HP....
by RawSugar
19 May 2023, 11:46

Hi, hope you like it and keep the feedback coming!

Thats vanilla behaviour, in case of mass fear its actually kinda useful for balancing the spell. For charm we have some ideas for making the spell better.
by RawSugar
27 Apr 2023, 19:20

Thanks! One thing i noticed, not sure if its a bug, but if I level up chain, I also level up leather, not a huge break in the game but a strange thing nonetheless. that's by design. main hand weapons are linked in a similar way. spells schools are cheaper to rank if you already have 1 or more schoo...
by RawSugar
25 Apr 2023, 15:15

Hi, I can't duplicate this bug. Are you playing a normal paladin or have you enabled the PaladinAsBerserker? Only the berserker should have this feature. Have you tried redownloading if not?
by RawSugar
16 Apr 2023, 12:25

Weapon skills are mildly exponential, needing to divert more than half your skillpoints to other skills means a huge dent in damage. yeah if only shadows are left they all lose the reduction I'm actually having the issue w wanting combos, i dont think there's a good way, but what i'll do is making a...
by RawSugar
16 Apr 2023, 11:45

try the new classes first , i dont think you will find them imba. Shadows lose their damage reduction if they are the only cat left conscious. Herbalist cure wounds still heals less than power cure but for lower mana. the formula for heal vs life% is *(175%-life% left) meaning if target has more tha...
by RawSugar
16 Apr 2023, 10:44

Added some stuff: Equalized mode (set =true in MM6.ini to enable) will smoothen out difficulty. it compares monster level to player level so that monsters that are higher level than player will deal less damage and monsters that are lower level will deal more. High level monsters are still stronger ...
by RawSugar
16 Apr 2023, 08:02

Shield: Shield reduces damage taken by 1%, meaning damage is *0.99^shield. 10+10 gives same benefit as 20 (damage reduced by 18%) so more shield bearers give better protection for less investment. Knight gives double reduction 0.98^20 =33% reduction. This is for all party not just the wearer. The re...
by RawSugar
25 Mar 2023, 15:50

knight has some nice advantages but berserker outdamages him by a fair bit. and i think you will find that death can find you in MAW in a lot more situations than vs titans ;) in almost every situation a high rank shared life is better than final aid/ress. cure poison is briefly viable at rank 12, a...
by RawSugar
25 Mar 2023, 14:30

Its an interesting take to use berserker as caster. i think you will find later levels its not a viable strat but interesting for sure. There is absolutely nothing wrong with berserker using rank dependent magic. There is an issue with him having access to a spell like raise dead that is already ult...
by RawSugar
25 Mar 2023, 08:16

berserkers damage output is too strong to also have useful spells. it might be better to give him a different school though rather than remove the useful ones. Or none at all, rather. spirit; you just need 12 ranks for healing touch to be better than remove curse, at end of the game you will have 30...
by RawSugar
20 Mar 2023, 14:41

Great to hear you enjoy the mod:) 28 is early for warlords fortress so hope it went well with those cuisinarts - one tip is to leave 2nd half of the dungeon for later, you can complete the quest with fighting just a few death knights. Generally try to fight monsters near your own level, not triple ;...
by RawSugar
23 Feb 2023, 07:00
Topic: [MM6-8] Do you clear monsters out of all the overland areas?
Replies: 7
Views: 2419

Re: [MM6-8] Do you clear monsters out of all the overland areas?

I do a partial clear, what gets in my path. Some especially challenging clusters for fun or those guarding chests. I guess "Yes"
by RawSugar
17 Jan 2023, 16:43

Optional mode 100 now up, this gives all monster +50% and +100 levels and adjusts their stats accordingly. Mode can be played either after clearing game (if you do set MonsterExperienceMultiplier=2) , or by using an editor like https://www.moddb.com/mods/might-and-magic-vi-save-edit-tool/downloads/m...
by RawSugar
09 Jan 2023, 15:00

No worries, its great w some feedback, im just trying to lay out the reasoning for the choices we've made, you already have us reconsidering Light balance so keep it coming:) hmm ye fair that does seem to be an issue and its not TCC related and its not a thing in vanilla. not gamebreaking but worth ...
by RawSugar
09 Jan 2023, 12:45

its asymmetrical balance, present in vanilla, between the schools. we made blossom playable, even a little buffed thanks to large AOE, but not a super powerful spell like meteor/starburst. Earth already has a lot of very strong selling points. Restock isnt intentional but its an exploit in a singlep...
by RawSugar
09 Jan 2023, 07:50

* didnt know blossom was shrapnel in 7, so did wonder why you'd think it OP :) it can still be buffed, but not sure earth needs a strong outdoors spell. * The mod adds homing to all missiles including rock blast, you can aim by mouse over your target. sometimes it reverts to vanilla behaviour though...
by RawSugar
02 Jan 2023, 08:05

well you certainly dont invest in Light without wanting to use the buff spells, but if you do need them you can get 30 Light vs 15 in mind/body and 20 in spirit (or 20 vs 10+10+15). that gives you the same stat buffs but lower hit, damage and AC (and no haste), it does give you healing, albeit at a ...
by RawSugar
01 Jan 2023, 20:48

Okay, I finally started playing MAW+TCC. It's fun! Overall a pretty good spin on the classic game. MM6 did need something like this, especially the spell rebalance, as a lot of spells were borderline useless in vanilla. Can't say anything about weapon balance yet, as I'm still using whatever is han...

Go to advanced search